Don't Get Caught | part 10

Life continued on as usual, until one day, something that you would have never predicted happened: an anonymous person botted your social media account overnight, supplying you with an extra one-hundred thousand followers.

Rimi was sat at the desk in your bedroom, eating her lunch as she tried to come up with a solution. "Is there some kind of app that can remove this? Ugh.." she was worried about what the public would think. "I can hardly tell who's a bot and who isn't. Whoever did this, they used a fancy program, that's for sure!" there were several browser tabs open for her research.

You stood idly by, while cold gusts of wind coming from your air conditioning blasted against your back. "Maybe people will know that my account is botted? If we tell HR, then they can probably remove it or find a way to please the public, right?" to be honest, you didn't wanna deal with this problem right now, there were other things on your mind.

She glanced back at you, then rose up from the chair. "I suppose you're right. We can always deal with it later. And I'm sure this happens to a bunch of other celebrities, too!" the girl came and pulled you into a gentle embrace, somewhat throwing you off guard. "Don't worry about it, (Y/N). I just hope this doesn't influence HR to delete our personal accounts."

"The other members and I really pushed to get them. Aah, and it's like my only archive of photos!" as she talked, you could smell the strawberry fragrance from her skincare products. You gazed down at her, brushing her front bangs out of her face, admiring every one of its features. "How do you always give the best hugs?" she laughed, and you wondered if there was any truth to it.

But the longer she had her arms wrapped around you, the more your heart clenched, and not in a good way. So much so, that when she finally broke away, it was like you could breathe again. "Don't forget your plate." but you giggled it off, and instead chose to focus on something else. A sigh of relief escaped your lips once you saw her walking back towards your desk to retrieve the dish.

"Just call me if you need anything. Like, literally scream and I'll come, okay?" she was about ready to leave your room now. "And don't forget, we have rehearsal starting at three!" the door closed.

It felt like your feet were anchored onto the ground, slowed down by some unknown heavy weight. Ever since you had met that one boy.. "I probably have mail." you realized, before you exited your bedroom and headed down the stairwell. There was a large section of the building that was closed off to the public, completely catering to idols' needs.

And in that section was the post office.

To be honest, it took you some time to gather up the courage to release your mailing address after that weird notebook incident. You consistently found yourself still hesitant with fear each time you checked your deliveries. However.. There was another surprise that came in the mail now- a surprise that showed no sign of stopping soon.

It was quiet in the "post office" today. "Seems like everyone's already picked up their fanmail." those words softly left your lips, as you reached into the metal locker which was assigned to you. Every sound here echoed off the walls, and the ceiling was so tall that it made you look like an ant. "Just like I thought." you said, pulling out a letter and a few other notes.

You always read his first, although you didn't know why. Idia's letters didn't spark some weird joy, nor did they make you laugh that often. There was never any conflict, nor was there drama. They typically were filled with just.. information. Whether it be about video games or a television series, Idia only wrote rants and long paragraphs.

Click!

After shutting the locker and confirming that no one else was here, you walked over to the couch. You liked that it was placed right in front of the window, because the sun made everything warm. "All right. Let's see what he'll talk about today." maybe it was curiosity that caused you to look forward to the letters. "I wonder if he beat that dungeon?"

You rolled onto your side, so that the light wouldn't get in your eyes as you read. Lying down on this couch was kind of like a tranquilizer. Even if someone had slept for twelve hours, they'd still pass out immediately once their body touched it. Your hair spread out over the cushions, as you carefully opened the envelope in a way that wouldn't tear it.

His handwriting wasn't messy, nor was it all that neat.

"8/9/????

Good morning, (Y/N), or good afternoon. Whichever time you're reading this at. Or good evening. Crap, sorry. I don't know why I'm still writing this-"

The corners of your mouth curved up into a small grin for some reason.

There were areas of the letter that had been scribbled over in various colors of pen, and you wished that you could discover all of those secrets hidden underneath the ink. Idia's notes weren't fancy, in fact, they just looked like folded printer paper stuffed into an blue envelope. More often than not, there were also lead marks scattered across the page.

"Do you even read these at all? Can you read these? I bet your handwriting is way nicer than mine. I'm more of a technologies guy than a humanities person.. But I like to draw, I guess." his letters resembled diary entries more than they did fanmail. It was the same as usual, until-

"So, uh. Did you receive my surprise? Did you like it? They should all be undetected, cause I used my own program." this was different, that's for sure. You still didn't really understand, or maybe you just wanted to hear it repeated?

"I hope that you like the bots, (Y/N)." after this line, you couldn't bring yourself to read anymore. In a blink of an eye, the world around you lost its color.

".. What?" was the only vocabulary you possessed for a minute or two.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒
authors note: hello!! i hope that you've all been doing well :) this part had some jumps, so i'll explain them in the q&a.

Q&A
1. was there a timeskip? how long was it?
- yes! i'd say about 1-2 months

2. how is y/n receiving mail? i thought they had never shared their address
- during the timeskip, y/n became comfortable to release their address. of course, there were edits made to it after the notebook incident. but now it's public and they can receive fanmail :)

3. why is the year in idia's letter written like ????
- because i don't know the year 😭😭 i was gonna put 2023 because that was the date of when i wrote this part, but i was also like.. oh that feels too 4th wall-y

4. is y/n okay?
- who knows? what do you think?

5. can you explain the layout of the agency building? it's kind of confusing
- of course! the way i thought of it, i kind of pictured it as any other tall, modern agency building. but if you hypothetically drew a vertical line down the middle of it, then it splits into two parts.

a part for the idols, and then for the public and like work offices and stuff. sorry if this is confusing. but basically, everything on the idol side is for them- so like living quarters, the "post office" all that.

i have no idea why i took it that far but 🤷‍♂️ as long as it helps your understanding!