My True Feelings | part 16

The cost of freedom outweighed the worth, for you weren't willing to sacrifice your entire career. Hurry and cut yourself off, before it's too late.

"(Y/N)." Rimi's words were a mere whisper by now, while she crawled into your bed. Why would you give this up? The fame, the fans, and the appreciation that you had desperately craved for the entirety of your life. And especially.. Why would you give her up?-

"Are you still awake?" her nightdress was delicately crafted out of silk, grazing softly against your knee as she inched closer. That voice was like a lullaby, easily soothing all of your senses when it flowed in through one ear and out the other.

"Mhm." you nodded your head, a jolt electrocuting your body when her slender arms wrapped around your neck. Gosh, you'd never get used to this scent of strawberry shortcake. A total glutton, that's what you were for it. "You smell good." thankfully, the darkness hid your pink cheeks.

"Hehe, well you can always borrow my products if you want!" she giggled so innocently, and you wondered what she'd think if you confessed to your nightly escapades. Would she remain kind? Would she continue to stay by you? No.. Resist the temptation. It's a secret, and that made it all the more exciting.

In order to break the silence, she spoke. ".. Hey, are you doing all right? I don't think I've seen you blink in like the last two minutes." no, no Rimi. Nothing was wrong, right? Don't let her catch on.

Don't let her find out.

You shook your head. "No, no Rimi. Nothing's wrong." the beat of your heart sped up, but this wasn't because of love. A drop of sweat trickled down the middle of your back, despite the room being so cold. Just a few minutes ago, you were huddled under the blankets for warmth. "I guess I'm just wondering.. What happens if you break agency rules? Is it really that big of a deal?"

When her bangs slid out of the way, revealing her dark brown eyes, you discovered that she had been staring at you this entire time. "Hmm." she leaned in, and if she were any closer, her lips could touch your earlobe. "Well, why do you think there was space for you to join the group in the first place?" for once, her looks could kill. In this moment, her scent was more comparable to a dangerous drug than it was to perfume.

Your entire body stiffened. "Rimi.." but you refused to be intoxicated. Within an instant, however, the girl was back to normal. She rested her leg over your hip, not commenting on how tense you had become. It felt like you were stuck in place, chained to the bed and forced to lie on your side. Hopefully she couldn't hear your speeding heart.

"The moonlight is too bright." she mumbled, acting nonchalant. Oh, yeah. You hadn't noticed until now, but the blinds on your window were completely open, allowing pale light to shine through.

"Let me go close it." to be honest, it was just an excuse for you to escape. You walked over to the window, simultaneously lying to yourself. There was still hope- hope you'd convince your mind that all you wanted to do was look out at the city. "Is he there?" but it proved difficult to hide your true intentions.

Then, there it was- a flash of blue. You saw it from below. "I'll be right back, okay? I'm gonna go down to the lobby to get some water." was he really waiting out there?

"We were supposed to meet up ten minutes ago." you knew and felt the guilt, as you fled your bedroom and rushed down the stairwell. That blue light lifted an invisible weight off your shoulders, causing every step you took to feel like running on a cloud. "I need to hurry." you thought, peeking around corners to check for guards. What was this racing in your heart? Adrenaline?

Suddenly, a rough finger tapped you on your shoulder. "Excuse me." that voice belonged to no idol. "What are you doing out here at this hour?" it was a night shift worker. You had never met anyone with such an intimidating build. One wrong move, and you were scared that you'd be left begging for mercy.

"Oh, I'm just getting water." you straightened your posture, standing back against the blank, plaster wall. Nothing suspicious here, sir.

The guard narrowed his brown eyes at you, as he scratched the dark scruff on his chin. Why didn't your agency provide its workers with better uniforms? The man's large muscles were practically bulging out of his blue sleeves. Not to mention there was also a wardrobe malfunction that happened on stage a few weeks back.. "Hmm." he murmured, debating whether or not to believe you.

This was a prison, and you were an inmate. Wherever you looked, there was a white wall or a black portrait. No one ever turned off those industrial lights, either. Where was all the color? Maybe they wanted you all to suffer from migraines. You took a deep breath, but the oxygen in the air had been sucked away from the man's presence. Don't choke.

Even though he let you free, who knew how much time was wasted by dealing with him? "Just grab the water-" you filled a glass, because you actually did need to drink, then took a sip, "And check outside." Again, you peeked around. This time, however, the coast was completely clear. It was now or never, right?

You rushed to the front doors, which were made of bulletproof glass and much, much taller than you. "Is he there?" you questioned. Most of the time, you could see him from this angle. But perhaps you had to go outside? You opened the door, only to be blasted by the coldest gust of winter air you'd felt all year. "Come on." you silently begged for the blue light to reappear.

The weight was back on your shoulders now. It had returned so quickly, that you didn't even notice until it all piled up. Idia was gone.

And you were all alone.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒
authors note: i had to tone down rimi's descriptions because im biased and kind of in love with her /j i like this part a lot though!! so i hope you did too :) also i just wanna say.. we are like... in the beginning of the fic still. like i have sooo many ideas that will come later on!

i don't have any questions at the top of my head so there won't be a q&a. but if you have any ofc ask!!

8/15/23 10:52 PM

thank you so much as always <3