Our Time Together | part 14

Your stomach was stuffed to the brim with icecream sundae. Who knew that Idia would have a coupon for that?

"Heh, you full?" his voice sounded out from behind your back. His tone was different now. It was more comfortable, more relaxed.

The clock was soon approaching two in the morning, and the night was quickly becoming colder. "Mhm." you nodded your head, before turning to face the boy. He was the only thing your eyes could see, for the streets were lined with closed stores and enveloped in darkness. There wasn't a single soul in sight, other than him.

You passed by a window display, and if the moonlight shone properly, then you could see the mannequins. Dresses with shapely silhouettes, frilly trims, and complicated patterns hung neatly off the unrealistic, humanoid models. "These are so cute!" when you took a breath, you noticed the spot in front of your lips fogging up.

Raising your finger, you felt the sudden urge to write on the glass. It started with just your initials alone, then Rimi's. Meanwhile, Idia was staring off into the road. His legs were a little wobbly, and his eyebags heavier and more intense. You didn't notice until the end of his loud yawn, and by then, you had already finished adding his name.

"Hey, are you okay?" you asked softly, with caution in your voice. You didn't sign up to take care of him, so you hoped that it was just exhaustion. Slowly, you took a step forward. "Are you tired? How about I drop you at the station?" his back was lowering into a hunch as you spoke, as if he were about to pass out sleeping right here on the sidewalk.

"Really? You'd do that..?" he was barely loud enough for you to hear. All of his words came out in small mutters, sometimes being completely inaudible.

The moon casted a shadow on you, capturing the exact moment when you extended your hand out to the boy. "Come on, let's go." the cotton fabric of his dark, navy blue hoodie filled the palm of your hand. You gently gripped onto the wrist cuff, still too nervous to even be near him. "And don't worry about me, okay? I'll just go back to the agency as usual."

At the subway, you planned to only buy one ticket, but after seeing his condition, you purchased two. "I can't just leave him alone." you were surprised by your own words, still thinking about them even as you were boarding the train. He stumbled over to a row of chairs, rushing to sit down. Obviously, there was no other spot for you than the one right next to his.

Despite the bright, industrial lighting coming from overhead, he instantly shut his eyes and drifted off to sleep. "I wonder if he gets enough rest at home.." you pondered, unable to pull your gaze away from him, no matter how hard you tried. When was the last time you blinked?

"Why do I care so much anyways? I shouldn't." unlike the others, that was a rule you had no intentions to disobey. No close relationships with fans, got it. You'd be dead before you broke it. It'd ruin your career entirely, well, at least according to your managers.

Being this close allowed you to smell the lingering fragrance of laundry detergent still left on his clothes. Your eyes slowly panned over his face, watching with anxiety as his head fell onto your shoulder. His hood slid off the top of his head, allowing the light to soak into his skin and make it glow. Hopefully he wouldn't wake up once he felt how stiff you were.

And as expected, at the next stop, no one new hopped on. "We're the only two in this cabin car." you stared around amidst the sea of empty space. Underground pipes flashed by the windows, sometimes followed by the sound of the track. There was no music, just the rattling of metal beneath the wheels of the train. "How am I gonna get him home?" you peeked down at him again.

"His eyelashes are longer than mine." you chuckled, finding yourself admiring him once more. When was this weirdness going to stop? Never has this happened before. Your mind rushed to put its focus on other things, such as your group's upcoming tour. It worked for a short while, until a small jolt of movement from Idia interrupted your thoughts.

A soft pant of breath tickled the side of your neck, as the boy's cheek rubbed against your sleeve. Without thinking, you tilted your head, resting it atop his. And almost as if on cue, a warmth spread over your skin, relaxing your tense shoulders. You closed your eyes, not realizing that a grin had formed across your face.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒
authors note: hello!! i hope you liked this chapter :) i started writing this one late at night, and i'm only finishing it now (4:12 PM), so i'm sorry if there's any inconsistencies/repetition.

also y/n is a liar!!!!!! /lh

i also wanna say that tomorrow (the 14th) is my first day of school and my schedule is very intensive. it's the IB diploma omg i have no idea why i signed up for it... but anyways, i will try my best! and because i like writing this story so much (plz kiss already guys) i won't stop uploading

Q&A
1. why does y/n not want to care about idia?
- idols aren't supposed to develop relationships w fans. y/n feels themselves starting to care, when they were originally just sort of using idia as a reason to leave the agency building and be "free" at night.

now that they are starting to care, it scares them. they probably have a reason, but i'd rather explore this in the future than say it outright atm.

2. is idia really just tired? or is there something wrong with him?
- he's just tired, don't worry :) y/n doesn't know idia's lifestyle habits, which is why i wrote it all in a way that made it kind of like.. "oh i hope it's just -insert-"

3. is y/n still influenced by what their managers tell them?
- yes, heavily. they worked too hard to become an idol, so hearing their managers mention that  "developing relationships with fans will ruin a career" is something they don't want to risk

thank you so much!!
8/13/2023 4:34 PM