Concert Chaos

“You ready?” Liz asks me

“Born ready baby” I wink at her

“Please don’t do that when we get there”

“Do what?”

“Be weird”

“Hey, first I’m not weird, second I can be weird if I want” I stick out my tongue

“Well don’t be weird around Rocky, I’m pretty sure he already thinks I’m a freak, I don’t need you adding to suspicion” She starts the car.

“Well you are a freak” I whisper under my breath. With that we start driving to the House of Blues. Liz’s boyfriend is playing there, he got us backstage. Liz didn’t want to go alone and, well, that is why I’m going. She is basically dragging me to this place, but what are friends for right?

“Kaley” I look up to her, her eyes focused on the road.

“Hmm?”

“Did I tell you Rocky has brothers?”

“So?”

“Well… y’know” She says nudging me with her elbow.

“Oh my god! Liz, you’re always trying to hook me up! Wait is that what this is? THAT is why you wanted me to come!” I say quickly angered.

“Well not necessarily…” I give her a look that she notices from the corner of her eye “Well I also didn’t have anyone to go with” She halfheartedly admits “fine you don’t even have to meet them! Just enjoy the concert”

“Fine” I give in and she lets out a little squeal

--

We arrive at the House of Blues and I hop out of the car.

“So now where do we go?” I ask

“Rocky said to just head backstage and meet him there”

“Okay le—” Liz cuts me off and just sprints past me “—t’s go” I finish saying to myself as I speed walk in. people everywhere. It looks like they all are workers, uh I don’t know anyone. Liz must’ve run off to find Rocky… ditching me in the process. Well I’ll just find something to do without her, oh hey! Food table, score! I joyfully tiptoe over there and start munching on some cheese and crackers. I observe the room while eating my food like a mouse. The lighting is slightly dim but when I look at everyone’s head it seems to reflect off of it, causing their heads to glow. I turn back around and face the table, thirsty. Yes! Wahtah baybee! I snatch a bottle from the table and start sipping from it.

“Haha thirsty?” I hear someone say behind me. Okay maybe I wasn’t sipping gingerly… I was chugging it.

“A little” I turn while inhaling deeply “Ahh!” I yell while shielding my eyes. This boys hair is blinding me in this terrible light. I cover my eyes with my arm and fall backward a bit, being caught by someone. I think his hair is a safety hazard.

“What, what’s wrong?” it’s the same boy.

“It’s just your hair is blinding”

“Oh yeah that happens”

“Seems like quite a burden”

“Well you learn to deal with it, here, follow me” he then starts walking next to me, his arm is still around my waist and my arm is still shielding my face. I hear a door open and close, I bring my arm down from my face to find it is pitch black. Oh my God, Holy God no, why did I just follow this strange person here? Now I’ll probably get raped, murdered, and my family will find me in a gutter at the side of the road in the morning. Why me?