Wrong Chords

"Give it up for Sara everybody!" The MC cheers everyone follows. I blush. Start sweating. I feel the butterflies. Oh shit what If I forget the chords. Oh well too late I'm on the stage, blinded by the light, squinting trying to see if there is actually a crowd. Once I see them I worry how many might leave when I start playing. Let's just get this over with. It's silent for a while. I try to think what I will say.

"Uhm Hi "I choke out, clearing my throat "this is Everybody Talks "I say as I start strumming.

The wrong notes.

Fuck.

I'm stunned as I stand onstage, in front of everyone. I just stare down on my guitar, as if it's his fault. All of a sudden I hear the drums behind. I turn to see a brunette giving me a thumbs up soon I see others setting up until I feel someone take the guitar from over my head, and he start strumming. The right cords. The rest of the band joins in. He mouthes the word "go "to me. And I sing, it's what I'm good at. With the band backing me up I sound freaking fantastic. I smile as I come to the end of the song. I start clapping and I talk into the mic. "Give it up for-"I point to the blonde who took my guitar from me.

"R5"he leans into the mic.

"For saving my ass up here, I can't say how grateful I am for you guys! " I bring the complete strangers in for a group hug. A chuckle at myself "maybe next time I come out here I will actually know how to play guitar "I say sheepishly, smiling. I walk off stage and become acquainted with all the band members.

"Sara, tomorrow maybe you could come over and I could teach you the basics of guitar? "Ross, the blonde guitar player, suggests, I can see he has ulterior motives, but that doesn't mean I don't too.

"Who can say no to free guitar lessons? "I replied smiling.

"Who said they were free? "He says in all seriousness.

"What?! "I'm surprised he just laughs, I wipe the grin off his face with a comment "I guess I just won't go then "

"No wait! "He said grabbing my elbow, pulling me back " for you, I think I can waive the fee" he smirks and I giggle.

"I should go, I'm looking forward to tomorrow "I smiled.

---

I sit down at the table in my apartment, chewing on the small bowl of cereal I poured myself. I stare down at my guitar, reminding myself that Ross is teaching me how to play today. I take one last Bite and throw the rest down the sink. I grabbed the neck of my guitar and head out to the Lynches.

Moments later I'm knocking on the Lynches door. Rocky opened it up, flirtatiously smiling. "You know, "he twirls a guitar pick in his hand as he talks "I am much better At guitar than Ross. "He Winks at me as he tips up my chin. He starts leaning in. Just as I'm about to shove him away from me Ross yanks Rockys shoulder, effectively taking him out of the proximity of my lips.

"Get out of here, Rocky "Rocky huffs and leaves the room. Ross smiles to me "sorry, come in?" I go sit on the couch. He sits next to me and positions his fingers on the strings of his guitar, "okay hold your fingers like this "I attempt to replicate his finger positioning.

"Like this?" I asked, already knowing the answers no.

"Not quite "he laughs "here" he places his hand on my mind, rearranging my fingers, "and then you just strum "he reaches his arm around my body, grabbing my other hand and he strums with it. I turned him.

"Like that?" I smile, since he really did everything.

"Exactly "he leans in and kisses me tenderly.

I like learning the guitar.