seventeen

BETRAYALS

She closed her eyes. Ariana didn't think she'd get used to the sick feeling after the transportation. Once she was sure she wouldn't throw up she opened her eyes.

Stood in her bedroom, she was unsure of what to do and so headed towards the dinning room. Sure enough, her father was there, seemingly waiting for her.

"Well done Ariana." In his hand, he held his helm of darkness. "Take a seat."

She did. "Poseidon said to ask you about my mother."

Hades eyes turned dark. "Did he now."

"Yeah. That is what I just said."

He sighed and closed his eyes. When he opened them, his emotion was gone. "Any topic involving your mother is banned especially in front of my wife."

"Right." Ariana said. "How did I get to Camp Half-Blood."

"A satyr." Hades shrugged. "I didn't order them to get you. Had I been notified of your mothers death sooner, I would had you placed in the Lotus Casino."

Ariana cringed.

"Part of me hoped you would've stayed there." He continued.

"Why?"

He shrugged. "It would've been safer for you."

"Ah. Why am I here?"

"I wanted to speak to my daughter. To congratulate you on your quest. You can go back to Camp now if you wish although I doubt you'll be welcomed with your own cabin."

She shrugged. "Chiron won't even know I'm your daughter. Annabeth would've left it for me to tell him."

Hades lifted his hands.

"Please don't do that clicky transportation thing, I think I'll be sick if I have to go through that again."

Hades smiled. "Then shadow travel to camp."

"What?" She asked.

"My children can shadow travel. If you think of the place you want to travel to, hard enough that is, and if you let the shadows in you'll be transported there."

"That's pretty cool." The girl admitted.

"Of course there's other powers you may possess but I'm sure you'll figure them out."

Then Ariana remembered their deal. "What about my hellhound I was promised."

Hades sighed. "I wished you forgot about that."

"What! Please! I really want one now." She begged.

"Fine." Hades concluded. "I'll see to it one appears before you at Camp."

"Great."

"Now go, child. I'm sure we'll see each other again." He said, standing up. "Oh, and." He looked at her. "If any campers give you any issues feel free to come back here or you know give them a good punch."

Ariana smirked. "I would've done it anyway."

"Goodbye, Ariana." Then he left the dining room.

Ariana focused hard. She imagined the big house. After a few moments she felt the shadows come over her, engulfing her. She allowed them.

Then she felt her body moving.

"Ariana!" Luke said, shocked. "How did you?"

She looked around, sure enough she was in the big house.