six

ALL ABOARD

Ariana was staring at the waves when Annabeth and Tyson found them. Ariana was never a huge fan of the beach or the sea and when Hades had claimed her as his daughter it made sense.

Children of the Big Three weren't supposed to go into the other twos domain.

"What's going on?"Annabeth asked. "I heard you both calling for help!"

"Me, too!" Tyson said. "Heard you yell, "Bad things are attacking!"

"We didn't call you guys." Percy said. "We are fine"

"But then who..." Annabeth noticed the three yellow duffel bags, then the Flask and the bottle of vitamins Percy was holding. Finally, she noticed Ariana's two new rings.

"What -"

"Just listen." Ariana said. "We don't have much time."

She told them about their conversation with Hermes. By the time she was finished, they could hear screeching in the distance - patrol harpies picking up their scent.

"Guys," Annabeth said, "we have to do the quest."

"We'll get expelled, you know. Trust me, I'm an expert at getting expelled." Percy said.

"So? If we fail, there won't be any camp to come back to." Annabeth's reasoned with him.

"Yeah, but you promised Chiron -"

"I promised I'd keep you from danger. I can only do that by coming with you! Tyson can stay behind and tell them -"

"I want to go." Tyson said.

"No!' Annabeth's voice sounded close to panic. 'I mean ... Percy, come on. You know that's impossible."

She and Tyson both looked at Percy, waiting for an answer. Meanwhile, the cruise ship was getting further and further away. Ariana glanced nervously as the water.

The sound of the harpies was getting closer.

"We can't leave him." Percy decided. "Tantalus will punish him for us being gone."

"Percy," Annabeth said, trying to keep her cool, "we're going to Polyphemus's island!"

"Polyphemus is an S-i-k ... a C-y-k..." She stamped her foot in frustration. As smart as she was, Annabeth was dyslexic, too. "You know what I mean!"

"Tyson can go," Percy insisted, "if he wants to."

Tyson clapped his hands. "Want to!"

Annabeth gave him the evil eye, but Ariana guessed she could tell Percy wasn't going to change his mind. Or maybe she just knew they didn't have time to argue.

"All right." she said. "How do we get to that ship?"

"Hermes said my father would help."

"Well then, Seaweed Brain? What are you waiting for?"

"Wait." Ariana said. "Are we forgetting I may get drowned if I go into the water?"

Percy thought for a moment. "I'll ask him not too. We have no other choice and we need you on this quest."

Percy stepped into the waves. His answer didn't give Ariana much hope.

"Um, Dad?" He called. "How's it going?"

"Percy!" Annabeth whispered. "We're in a hurry!"

"We need your help." Percy called a little louder. "We need to get to that ship, like, before we get eaten and stuff, so.. also please don't drown my friend?"