Chapter-27

Anastasia's POV

Anastasia's POV

I was finally alone in my room, Kai had gone back home and I was sitting on the bed, trying to peacefully listen to music when there was a knock on my door, I thought maybe Kai was already back.

He has a tendency to not leave me alone during stressful situations and given my track record maybe he has reason to.

I got up to go and open the door, "I swear I'm literally just listening to music will you stop- oh." I stopped mid sentence when I saw that the man behind the door wasn't Kai but my father. "Do you need something?" I ask him.

He is literally standing there like a statue. "Yes, actually I wanted to talk to you." Without a word I let him into the room and he takes a seat on the edge of my bed and I turn to stand in front of him, waiting for him to start speaking.

"I don't have all day you know?" I say and he looks up at me and nods. "I just...I wanted to apologize." I furrow my brows, "For what?" He looks up again as if saying "You know." But honestly I have no idea.

"For what happened you know, and for how I acted that was not okay." Oh, I finally realised what he meant. "So what this is a pity apology. Because I don't need that you know. I was happy to pack up and leave yesterday and I can still do that, Kai probably still has our emergency bags packed up and I just need to give him one call so you can keep the pity to yourself."

He immediately shakes his head "No no, that is not what I want at all. And this is not a pity apology. I was just in shock, this was a woman I spent my whole loving. And the worst part is that I spent these past few months gushing about her to you, which I know must have felt horrible and you're allowed to hate us and scream at us, because I most of all deserve, I was so busy mourning her that, I almost forgot that I got you back. too."

Whatever quip I had in my head went away for a moment, he was right, he had spent his whole life loving this woman, everything changed for him too. "What...what would have done if she was alive and you knew what you know now." I don't know why I asked him that, I don't even know if I want to hear his answer. Maybe I was desperately hoping for him to pick me, to not give a damn about that woman and say that he would have chosen me, believed me.

"She wouldn't be alive." Was all he said, the look in his eyes was clear. He would not have taken her side, he would have believed me, loved me, like I always wanted.

The next words that came out of my mouth were ones I couldn't control, looking at them, I still have no idea why I chose this moment to tell him, did I just want him to know me or was this an attempt to know if he is proud of me.

"I play the drums." my father looked at me confused. "What?" he asked. "I play the drums, I have played for a long time, I'm really good at it." I repeated myself. A smile appeared on his face, "That's great."

I smiled too. She never told me I could be good at anything, according to my mother I could only ever be good at being a little bitch, so this felt nice. There wasn't anything to forgive my father for was there. He never really did anything bad, not to me.

But.

There was something I needed to apologise for. "You didn't do anything wrong, I mean you don't want me to get arrested after all the things I've done, so you call it even." He nodded as well. "But, there is something I need to apologise for, or more so, Natalia does."

My father still looked as confused as ever. So I took a seat beside him and started to speak "Well, Natalia has been unnecessarily rude to you over the past few years, mostly because she just liked messing around with you so you sorry for her." After realising what I meant he simply nodded, "Well telling me shove a chorizo up my italian behind wasn't the most pleasant conversation, it's fine." "And I'm sorry for constantly insulting my brothers that wasn't cool." He nodded again.

"So...we're cool?" I ask, feeling the awkward silence. "Yes." He said I could tell he felt awkward as well. "Why do you smell of coconuts?" I ask my father. And he immediately hangs his head down. "That would be the courtesy of your grandmother. "What? Grandmother?" I ask shocked, when the hell did that happen?

My father holds up his finger towards the door, and counts down from three and just as he reaches one the door to my room slams open and on the other side of the door is an old lady, apparently my grandmother, "My baby!" She exclaims as she walks up to me and wraps me in a tight hug, I am still frozen in shock and confusion as to what is happening.

"You are so pretty." She pinches my cheeks as she looks over my face, "Oh thank the lord that you look nothing like your mother." okay, I like this woman.

"I'm your Nona, my little darling. Oh, I will never forgive that bitch for what she did to you." She says, "You know?" I ask, surprised how fast news travels. "Oh of course I know I'm your none, I know everything."

"What I don't know is if you have a special someone, tell me do you have a boyfriend or girlfriend? That's a thing right, it's called bisexual? Did I use that right?" She turns to her son who gives her an embarrassed nod.

"No. I am totally single." I roll my eyes at the soft 'thank god.' That my father whispered but my mind wondered to someone in particular, someone who I had a really interesting encounter at a house party with.

"Well that's fine but tell me what else do you do? I am so sick of hearing these boys talk all the time, my son and his sons are literally all the same, it's nice have someone with different thoughts."

I laugh at her statement. But before she could delve further into discussions my father pulled her back, "Ma how about we give Anastasia some space, you traveled a long way, you should be taking a nap right now, you can catch up with her tonight at dinner.

With a pout my grandmother eventually agreed and I was left alone again to finally have some peace and quiet.

Dinner tonight was nothing too exciting, the only people have an actual conversation at the table were me and Nona, everyone else either just listened and reacted to what was being said or remained completely silent like Alvise.

He had not spoken a word since the incident yesterday, was he planning on avoiding me for the rest of time? I honestly could care less about him, after yesterday I had this feeling of immense weight being pulled off of my chest.

Night came soon enough and I had woken up in the middle of the night and gone down to get water, maybe it was two am, I am not sure. All i knew was that it was dark and I was sleepy.

I had filled up the glass and was on my way up when I heard a noise that made me stop dead in my tracks, I looked around and I realised it was coming from the front door.

I patted myself and realised I had removed all my weapons before I went to bed tonight, of course the one time I don't have a knife on me, this happens. I looked around for anything I could use for self defence and found a frying pan on the counter.

Picking it up I held like a bat and slowly crept towards the front door. I could hear footsteps coming from that direction, soft but still detectable footsteps.

I turn the corner at the same time as the other person and we both jump as we see the other. I take a second to recognise the man in front of me and almost scoff, the universe had a really interesting way to mess with me doesn't it?

"Well, rapunzel mind putting down the frying pan?" Says Damien ledger.

———————————

Fuck writer's block. The lack of creativity I've been feeling now a days is just depressing but I really hope you guys like this chapter!!

The next one is going to be a little more fun😏😏

Until next time!!

I love you all!!💕💕✨✨