Things Change

Hopes POV

Just as Josie and I break our embrace Dr.Saltzman busts into the room dramatically as usual. "You're awake! How?" He asks in surprise. I look over at Josie, "I was actually just about to ask the same thing." I say smiling slightly. Josie looks between her father and me and turns her head slightly obviously confused. " I was just talking to you. I was actually leaving the room when you woke up." She explains. We all look around confused. "Well as strange as it is maybe something happened subconsciously and you just don't remember?" Dr. S offered a solution. As soon as he finishes his thought the memories of Josie's subconscious flash before my eyes. I turn and pull Josie's body into mine crushing her in my arms. I lean up right beside her ear so only she can hear me. "It was never your fault," I whisper. She pulls away looking into my eyes. "How did you know I felt that way?" She asks blushing. Dr. S is looking between the two of us completely lost watching our interaction. " I saw you crying on the docks last night and I heard what you said," I explain kind of embarrassed that I overheard such a personal moment. Josie stares at me for a moment probably thinking I am such a stalker. "Hope.. That was last night? You just woke up how did you see it?" She asks me. Wait. She's right why did I see that? "Well I mean I was stuck, but I could see things. I don't know why I could see things it was mostly memories I think." I quickly try to explain. Josie and I seem to stare at each other for an extended amount of time when Alaric finally breaks the silence. "Okay as strange as all of this is I am sure it was just because she was trapped in your subconscious." He attempts to reason. We both agree and excuse ourselves from his office. I need to take a shower. As Josie and I head out of the office I finally break the silence. " I am gonna head to my room and finally shower and stuff, but if you want we could do a movie night with the squad? Surprise them? " I ask. Josie smiles down at me agreeing and with that we part ways.

-Time Skip to the evening-

Hopes POV

It's good being back. Weird.. but I have missed everyone. After waking up Raf told me that Landon was gone. Again. It's strange I don't feel all that sad about him leaving. I mean it is expected. I am making the finishing touches to my room as I get a message from Josie. I smile down at my phone which is telling me to come to the twin's room whenever I am ready. I grab my jacket and head to the twin's room and knock on the door. I can hear the silence as everyone is not so quietly whispering about getting busted because who else would be knocking? I knock again, a bit harder this time and I can hear Josie giggle. "Fine, I'll get it since no one else will." I hear Lizzie say and I can no longer contain my grin. The door opens and before I can speak I am flat on my back on the floor with a screaming Lizzie on top of me. I laugh deeply and before I know it the whole super squad is in a pile on the floor laughing with us. When things calm down we finally make our way into the room and all sit down, Mg is the first to break the silence. "When did you wake up?" He asks. I look over and smile at Josie who is distracted finding a movie. "Oh just when a little witch dropped by this morning." I reply, shaking my head slightly. MG looks between Josie and I and gives me a big grin. "Did it finally happen?" He asks me practically bouncing in his seat. I tilt my head and my eyes finally leave Jo. "Did what finally happen?" I ask confused. MG stares blankly at me for a few seconds and before he gets a chance to speak we are loudly interrupted. "OKAY BITCHES! The movie is starting find your spots and shut the fuck up please." Lizzie instructs as half the room is laughing and the other half are still processing the screaming. I laugh and look around thinking about where I plan to lay. As I am considering the corner of the room my attention is drawn to the brunette twin on the bed who is staring at me. "What is that look for love?" I ask as I feel my face heat at the attention. "Where are you sleeping?" She questions back, completely skipping my question. I reach up to scratch the imaginary itch on the back of my neck as I begin to speak, "Well I was uh gonna snag the corner before it's taken" I reply with a small smile. She laughs at my response and it catches me off guard how badly it affects me. My stomach is home to a zoo of animals and I swear the room got 10 degrees warmer. "As if I would allow that Hope Andrea. Get in bed. There is plenty of space." She says as she pats the bed and opens the covers. Still recovering from my embarrassment I have no voice to argue with. I crawl onto the twin bed next to her resting my back against the headboard. She lays further down the bed her head on the pillows next to me. We are watching some typical horror movie that I am completely bored of. Instead, I catch myself looking over at the siphon witch next to me simply admiring her. I don't know what is going on with me lately, but she seems to constantly cloud my brain. I am lost in my thoughts when I not only feel Josie clinging to me but hear the audible scream that leaves her lips. I can't help but laugh at the sight that is Josie Saltzman and horror movies. The moment I feel her tremble against me the feeling inside me changes. She's really scared. I can't help but growl at the thought. I pull her tightly against me and rub her back. "It's okay love. Let's go to sleep yeah?" I ask so only she can hear. I feel her nod against me and I turn so we are on our sides facing each other. I can't help but scan her face for any signs of distress. I see the ghost of a smile as her eyes open slightly to look into mine. "Quit staring wolfie.. and hold me instead?" She whispers to me. I can't contain the beating of my heart as I pull her body into mine her face resting in my neck. I lay as still as possible trying to control my heart rate so she doesn't notice. I feel her take my hand into hers and rub her thumb against me. "Relax Hope. It's just me. Let's go to sleep." She barely mumbles into my neck. I exhale the breath I didn't realize I was holding and lightly nodding my head as I finally allow myself to relax my body into the bed. The last thing I remember as I fall asleep is the sweet smell I can only describe to be Josie Saltzman.