Family Dinner

Hopes POV

After splitting ways with Freya, Josie and I headed off toward the student dorms. "Do you wanna get ready together?" I ask finally breaking the silence. "God yes please I have no idea what to wear! Where are we going off campus, I thought the grill is the only restaurant in like 50 miles of the school?" She asks as we are closing in on her dorm room. I laugh at the fact she doesn't yet know just how extra my family can be. "Love I cannot promise we will even stay in the state." This is the only reply I give as we reach her door and walk in. Lizzie is laying on her bed watching a video on her. "Where have you guys been? I haven't seen you since breakfast. "I introduced your sister to my family and we were all catching up. We are gonna go out to dinner. Wanna come?" I ask as I plop myself onto Josie's bed as she heads to her closet. Lizzie lets out a scream that I swear punctures my ear drums. "DINNER WITH THE REBEKAH MIKAELSON! WHAT DO I WEAR?" She screams as she launches herself toward her closet. I can't help but giggle at how happy she is to meet my aunt. As the girls search their closets for the perfect out I lay on Josie's bed and let my thoughts wander. I know Lizzie and I didn't get along for the better part of life so far, but I can't help but feel like I understand her differently now. I care about her and her sister so much it is almost suffocating. Is this what it is like to really find your people? I am broken out of my thoughts sometime later as the girls were finishing up their makeup. "Hope, why don't you go get into your outfit so we can do your makeup?" Lizzie asks while glancing up in the mirror. I consider saying no I don't like makeup, but I glance over and find those brown eyes looking back into mine. "Please?" Is all Josie says and I sigh. "I am going to change. I'll be back." This is my only reply as I head off to my room.

Josie's POV

As soon as Hope clicks the door shut Lizzie is speaking, "What was that?" I roll my eyes at her nosiness not even sure what she is referring to. "What was what Liz?" I ask as I finish touching up my lipstick. "Uh, the fact all you had to say was please and she was like a bottom for you?" She says as she slips into her dress. I can't help but laugh at that. Is Hope Mikaelson a bottom? I don't think so. "You're wrong. She is just being nice." I reply as I strip down and step into my dress. I pull the yellow dress and pull the straps over my shoulders. "Can you zip me?" I ask as I turn around for her to zip my dress. She then turns and lets me zip hers. Just as I was finishing my hair there was a knock on the door. "Who is it?" I yell as I am too lazy to walk over.  The door opens and reveals Hope wearing a simple black dress. I cannot help but scream internally. The black dress contrasts with her pale skin and blue eyes I am at a loss for words. When we finally make eye contact I can't help but feel like the air has been ripped from my lungs. Her face was bright red like mine and neither of us have yet to speak. Lizzie finally comes out of the bathroom and looks between us. "Damn, we look hot," Lizzie says as she ushers Hope to her chair to do her hair and make-up. I sit back and quietly observe the two interact. Hope genuinely cares about Lizzie and I think that makes me even more attracted to her. The more time I spend with Hope the more I think that crush I had as a kid didn't fully go away and I don't know what that means for me. I can feel myself getting worked up thinking about all the possibilities so I decide to distract myself. I grab my Airpods and my phone and put on my calming playlist. Maybe 30 minutes later Hope informs us that everyone is ready and we all head down the stairs to meet her family.

Hopes POV

When we get downstairs my family is all waiting and talking amongst themselves. I had already texted Freya and told her I invited Lizzie so everyone was excited and getting introduced now. I am standing next to Josie when I noticed her playing with the rings on her fingers. "Are you okay love?" I whisper into her ear so no vampires can listen in on our conversation. She looks down at me and smiles slightly nodding her head. I take the answer for now, but I know something is off with her. I can't explain it, but I can feel it. We all pile into the van Freya and Keelin rented and head off. We ended up at a restaurant a few hours from campus. The car ride over was mostly quiet, music played over the radio. When we finally arrived at the restaurant we all quickly filed in to be seated. When we were walking to the table I made sure to place Josie between her sister and me. "How are classes going girls?" Freya asks sipping her drink.  Lizzie mumbles something about hating school. Josie smiles and politely engages in the conversation. I can't help but smile at the encounter in front of me. "So Hope any relationships we should know about?" Kol asks with a smirk on his face. I am not too sure where he is headed with this, but I already don't like it. "Nope not right now. I have been spending most of my time with the twins and the super squad and my little adventure." I reply quickly, hoping to shut him up. I feel Josie tense next to me and I know she hates when it is brought up. I slide my foot into hers to show her I am there and get a small smile in return. "Ah yes, you're little adventure. Now tell me how did that happen again?" He asks. Of course, he asks. I can hear Josie's heart rate increasing and I swear it makes mine start beating faster. "We are not discussing that tonight or any night forward. I am fine. There will not be another mention of it. Am I clear?" I ask as calmly as possible for how fast my heart is beating. Again all eyes come to me. Several people give their nods letting me know they understood. Kol, however, is Kol. "But dear niece I do believe you are sitting next to the little witch that caused that adventure are you not?" He asks with his eyebrows raised. I can't stop the growl that comes from my mouth as I grip the table to steady myself. The table is completely silent waiting to see what happens next. "I told you once and I do not want to repeat myself before I drive a stake into your heart. Her name is Josie. No one will call her out of name or they will deal with me. Clear?" I seethe through my clenched teeth. The whole table agreed quickly. My chest heaved as I tried to get control of my wolf when I felt two hands pulling me to face them. "Andrea, hey, calm down. I am fine. He didn't hurt my feelings I promise. " She whispers to me as she stares into my eyes. It's only then I realize that yellow has filled my vision and my fangs are in my gums. I blink to clear my vision and wipe my face. "Uh, I'm sorry my wolf has been acting up. I just need to run soon." I offer as an excuse. Everyone accepts my answer and goes back to normal conversation. The rest of dinner is uneventful and before I know it we are back at the school and Josie and I are standing outside of her dorm. "I will see you tomorrow right?" I ask as I play with her hand. She smiles slightly and nods her head. "Yeah come find me when you wake up okay?" She asks and I nod my head and wrap my arms around her for a hug. "Goodnight Jo." I say as I walk away and just faintly do I hear, "Goodnight Wolfie.."