Family Reunions Pt. 2

Josie's POV

I honestly did not see my weekend playing out this way. I am currently in my father's office along with Hope and every other living Mikaelson. I don't think I have ever seen all of them in one room and I have to say I am intimated. Freya seems to be the stern one. You can definitely tell she is the oldest.  She is always scolding one of her siblings or caring for her son. Her wife, Keelin, seems nice.  She is more reserved and smiles when expected and nods along to whatever her wife is rambling on about.  Rebekah is loud and demands the room. She will not be spoken over, but you can tell Hope is her world. Her eyes soften at the mere mention of her niece's name.  Marcel observes. He is in the corner watching and making sure no one needs anything. Kol is well, he is the one that makes me the most anxious I think. He is hyperactive, almost as bad as Lizzie. He is very loud and is often told by others to settle down. His wife, the DAVINA, is the literal sweetest. She keeps him in check, but you can tell they worship the ground the other walks on.  That only leaves one little Mikaelson and he is definitely stealing the title of my favorite Mikaelson. He is the cutest little man to walk the earth and he has all the charm of Hope all in one little body. He even has that damned Mikaelson smirk. He is currently in my lap as Hope sits next to us talking with him. I can't help but smile as I burst at the scene in front of me. The almighty Hope Mikaelson was amazing with babies. Of course, she was. I am pulled out of my thoughts when I hear my name. "Josie what?" I ask getting the youngest two Mikelsons' attention on me. Nick giggles and hides his face into my shirt as I left my eyes to Hope and see her blushing. "Well uh, we were just agreeing that you are very pretty.. Ain't that right little man?" She tells me with a small smile. I can't help but feel my body heat at the words and then when I thought I was at cuteness overload, Nick looks up and smiles a toothy grin that melts my heart. As I begin to play with Nick I can't help but feel more peace than I have ever thought possible.

Freya's POV

I am sitting in the office watching my family and friends mingle and I smile at the chaos the reunion causes. I can't help but scan the room to find Hope, it brings a different sense of comfort when I can see her with my own eyes. When I finally find her she is in the corner of the room sitting with Josie and Nick on a small couch. I can't help but smile to see my son and my basically daughter together. When I am about to look away Kol crosses the room letting me finally see both of the girls' faces in front of me and I cannot help the grin that comes across my face as I eagerly tap my wife's leg. "Look at them. Tell me Hope is not in love with this girl Keelin. Do you see that look in her eyes? It's so much like her father's.." I whisper to her as we watch Josie and Nick giggle about something as Hope just stares like an awestruck child.  "Do you think they know it yet?" Keelin whispers back. I glance over at her and then back to the two teenagers in front of me. "Not a chance," I reply as we laugh. After a while of talking and getting rooms sorted and all of the boring adult stuff everything was settled and we were headed to our rooms to prepare for dinner. As I was walking into the hallway I saw Josie and Hope dragging behind the others. "Girls! Can I talk to you for a moment before you go?" I ask them.  The girls look at each other and walk over. Keelin takes a step back as they approach, but I think nothing of it. "What's up, Aunt Freya?" Hope asks as they make their way to us. "I would like Josie to join us for dinner. If that is okay with both of you of course?" I offer the girls. Okay, maybe it's because I want to get to know Josie better, but when she has my niece in the palm of her hand like that I think I have the right to want to. Hopes look over to Josie before speaking. No words are exchanged, but I swear they were having a whole conversation. A few seconds later Hope finally spoke aloud. "Are you sure Jo?" She whispers, intending for only Josie to hear. Josie smiles at Hope's actions and nods her head. "I promise Wolfie. I want to." She tells her to reassure her.  "Uh, Wolfie?" I ask fighting to suppress the giggles coming out. Hope growls slightly, but I can tell she is kidding. I think. " Okay, I am sorry I will leave the nicknames to Josie. Now off you go we are going off campus so dress well please." I tell them as I shoo them to their rooms. Now to get ready, get to the restaurant, and keep everyone in one piece. It should not be that difficult, but I seriously wonder how tonight will turn out.