ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1: ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ 7

You were walking near Dock #1 out of boredom. People paid no mind to you even while you were a pirate with quite a bounty on your head as you didn't cause any trouble. You had settled down there for quite a while, and it was nice.

You were in your casual clothing and overheard a few people speaking about something. "Hey! Some pirates started causing a stir at Doc #1!"

Your interest peaked from hearing those words, and you decided to head towards the dock.

You leaned against the wooden fence as you looked at the start of a ruckus. Some people avoided you, and some didn't. You turned to the mayor of Water 7, Iceberg, and his secretary, Kalifa, walked to the scene.

Iceberg caressed the head of his pet mouse that he kept in his pocket. "Well... Kalifa, what's going on over there?"

"Yes, Iceberg-san. They're the customers of Dock #1. Now that the work has been completed, they're saying they won't pay," Kalifa brought up a wanted poster of the captain, whose ship was fixed on the dock. "That's sexual harassment."

You looked at Kalifa and sighed. "What's with this woman?" you thought and turned back to the workers.

One of the workers "accidentally" hit the pirate captain in the back of the head with a wooden log as he turned away. The man fell to the ground and went unconscious as his crew members yelled out for him. "Oh, pardon me," the worker said.

"You son of a bitch! Observe where you're going!" one of the members yelled at him but Kaku hit him in the back with a long saw. "Oh, pardon me."

"Y-You bastards! Are you picking a fight?! Who do you think we are?!" the members yelled. Lulu hit a couple of them with a hammer, and Lucci threw them in the air with a simple move of a hand.

Only a few members were left standing, but a cannon soon finished them off, too. "Well, that was fast," you turned away from the dock and began to walk away.

When you had gotten a bit further away, you squinted your eyes and noticed three people you hadn't seen before. They had three black suitcases, but the thing that caught your eye was the straw hat.

The straw hat-wearing boy tried to step into the dock but was stopped by Kaku. You decided to listen to them from a bit further away.

"Do you have some business at this dock?" Kaku asked as he stepped over the fence.

"Oh, it's you, Usopp," the straw hat looked at Kaku, who seemed to resemble his friend because of the similar noses.

"Hey, I'm right here, Luffy!" Usopp hit Luffy's head, and you stopped. "Monkey D. Luffy... The boy that defeated Crocodile." You looked at the boy as you brought up a wanted poster of him, Zoro, and Nico Robin.

"Yeah. He's square-ish!" the orange-haired girl nodded.

"Which means he's square Usopp!" Luffy said.

"No, I'm not a triangle or a square."

"Oh, yeah! Um... We'd like to see Iceberg-san, "the girl snapped out of her mind.

"Hm? Iceberg-san? Are you a customer?" Kaku asked, and the girl brought up a reference letter. "This is a reference letter from Granny Kokoro at Shift Station, huh?"

"Huh, are you an old guy?" Luffy tilted his head and looked at him. "How old are you?" Usopp asked.

"23."

"23... You talk like an old man, "Usopp sweatdropped, and Kaku laughed in response. "People often tell me that."

"So, do you know this Iceberg person?" the girl asked, and Kaku nodded.