chapter 6

The last thing Izuku remembered was the blue and black blur of the waters and the lack of air in his lungs. Everything was cold and wet, his body felt heavy and his mind was foggy.

What happened?

Right, the ship was sinking. So he was drowning. But where was he now?

Izuku groaned, feeling a warm breeze blow past his skin, he started to finally move. His body was achy and he felt like he's been asleep for years.

The omega reluctantly opened his eyes, his spilting headache made him want to curl up and go back to sleep but he had to know where he was.

It took a minute to register everything around him. It was dark, so his eyes needed to adjust. When they did, he was left even more confused.

He was in a cave?

Izuku looked down, a strange, soft texture served as some sort of bedding. It was slightly damp and had a dark green color. It was some kind of seaweed or moss he guessed. It smelt like the sea but, it also had another scent to it. Something strong and musky, but in a good way. If reminded him of smoke, and salted caramel. Something he hasn't had since he was little. It was like being wrapped up in a cozy fire on the beach.

He hadn't realized he was taking in large huffs of the scent. His body moved on its own and he was purring up a storm. His omega knew the scent and who it belonged too, but izuku was in a dizzied state so he didn't quite put two and two together yet. All he knew was he lived this scent.

The body of water close to him started to move slightly, rippling around a hidden figure.

Katsuki slowly swam to the surface, peaking his head to look at the omega.

He was awake.

Katsukis alpha was jumping for joy. Their mate was awake. Izuku was finally safe with him now.

The sight in front of him though made his heart weak and his blood run hot.

Deku was in front of him, holding the bedding he had scentes up to his nose and purring his little heart out.

Katsuki grinned proudly, letting out a small chirp to show he was there.

The Omega's eyes widened, a little startled by the sudden noise.

When he looked over, his voice was caught in his throat. His eyes watered and he felt his knees go weak.

"K... K-kacchan...? "

Katsuki smiled, swimming over to the shore and dragging himself onto the cave floor next to his omega.

The blonde let out a soft croon, his clawed hand extended out to cup the greenettes cheek gently.

"Deku.... "

Izuku stood completely still for a moment before bursting out into heart wrenching sobs. His body was shaking as katsuki pulled the smaller boy into his chest. Izukus arms reached out and he hugged the merman tight. He couldn't believe it. His kacchan was here  right in front of him.

"I... I-I th-thought I'd never.... Se... See you a- g.. Again... "

Izuku was hiccuping, large crocodile tears ran down his cheeks and onto katsukis chest. Not that the alpha cared. Katsuki simply just held him closer. His own tears weren't as big as the Omega's but they were still there. He was ok... Deku was ok now.

A webbed hand ran through thick green curls. The blonde had pulled him into his lap by now. The two sat there in silence for a while, just enjoying each other's presence and warmth.