The job

"The A.D.A is kind of like the police and private investigators mixed together. We use our ability's to help the police." Ash deadpanned "ability's what are y'all? Superheroes?" Of course Ash knew what ability's where but was not being dragged into this. The president hummed. "Kind of, you are sure to see if you join us." Clever. But Ash was cleverer. He bowed, "thank you for the offer but no thank you" he stood straight again and walked off. He heard Dazai calling after him but he didn't look back, he just kept walking.

But Dazai was not one to give up. He followed Ash all the way to his hotel, where was staying for a bit till he went home to Kyoto. "Ash please!" Dazai begged Ash stopped in his tracks, making the taller ram into him, surprisingly the very small man did not move even an inch. "Dazai-San. How do you expect me to work for a place like that?" Dazai cocked his head. "Look at me. I'm broke as hell, I live cities away, I have a job, AND I don't have ,,an ability"" he put air quotes around "an ability" showing how unbelievable that statement was to him. "Ash, you are a genius who graduated at 14, you were abandoned by your birth mother, abused by your adoptive family. And yet you still not only survived but made yourself known across all of Japan!"

—-
Dazai's eyes sparkled like nothing I had ever seen before. I still remember that weird feeling in my stomach. It made me want to puke and sob all at once. What is that feeling? I wish someone had the answer to all my burning questions. Well maybe they do, I won't live to see it anyway.
—-

Ash stumbled back looking petrified. "How- how did you?- who- WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!?" Dazai looked slightly hurt, "I'm Dazai Osamu. I told you that." "How did you find?- Who told you that nonsense?" Ash composed himself. Trying to act dumb. It would've worked if he hadn't freaked out. "Your files show it all. Your medical records, police reports" "how did you get my medical records?" Dazai smiled maliciously. "Not important🎵~" Ash wheeled around away from the older man. "Listen, I'm happy where I am. I'm one of the greatest morticians in Japan. I have a life, a good life and I'm not throwing that away. So forget it." Ash went to walk to the hotel entrance but his arm was grabbed. "How much do you get paid?" Ash raised an eyebrow, "enough." "Give me a number." "4,766,634¥ a year" (or 33,285 for my U.S.A babies <3) Dazai thought, "we'll pay you double." Ash cocked an eyebrow, "double? You'll pay me 8 million¥?(or 66K$)" "yes." Ash thought. "I'll think about it" Dazai seemed to light up.

That night I did the most thinking I'd probably ever done. I was honored someone wanted me so much, that they'd pay me 8 million yen! At the end I decided to talk to some of the workers. First I had to move to a whole another city 221 miles away (or 355.66502 Kilometers (I used google since I live in the US)) it would be a big decision

I'm so sorry I didn't post for a while but I'll try to post the next chapter soon.