Maybe...

And a big decision it was.

"Ash!" Dazai yelled as Ash walked into the A.D.A, he looked over. "Dazai-San, I wanted to talk to some of your coworkers to see what work is like here." Dazai lit up, he grabbed Ash's arm and pulled him to a handsome young man with long yellow hair. "This is Kunikida, he's my partner! He'll tell you." Kunikida looked up confused, his eyes met with Ash's black ones. "Hello." Kunikida said blandly, Ash waved. "I'm thinking about working here, so I wanted to ask what it's like." Kunikida went back to his work responding, "it's fine. It's hard work that's important. If you can, we would love you to join us." Ash sweat dropped. "Ok, thank you." He bowed then rushed back to Dazai. "He doesn't seem to like me." Dazai laughed, "he's always like that, anyway next person!" Dazai grabbed Ash again and dragged him to a beautiful woman, "this is our nurse Yosano," Ash nervously bowed, he was never confident with women. "Hello, are you injured?" "No?" Yosano pouted, "what a shame." Ash backed up. "Never mind!" Dazai thanked Yosano then took Ash to a little girl, she had to at least 13/15, "Ash this is Kyōka-Chan, she's the newest member as of late." Ash looked down at the young girl, "hello Kyōka-Chan , I was thinking about working here, may you tell me what it's like to work here." The young girl looked him up and down. "It's wonderful here. I felt at home the minute Fukuzawa-sensei saved me." Kyōka was a sweet looking girl, she gave Ash a warm feeling. A feeling he'd never felt before. The feeling of love?

Ash smiled. "Alright thank you, Kyōka-Chan." Love? Really what was he? Maybe a different kind of love then romance? But that can't be... she's not his sister or daughter, she's a girl he just met; he shook himself. Dazai took his hand he was not expecting that, he gave a hard sharp hit to Dazai's arm. "Owww, what was that for!?" "What do you think you're doing!? Why did you grab me like that!?" Dazai stared then burst out laughing, "h-hey what are you laughing for!?" Ash blushed a dark red, he pushed up his glasses with a huff. Dazai took his hand again, Ash tried to throw him off again; Dazai just proceeded to drag him. "Next is Kenji!"

•~•

The boy he expected to be Kenji was feeding a cow in the back garden; "Kenji!" Dazai sang, Ash deadpanned. Where'd the cow come from? He thought but knocked himself out of his head and shook Kenji's hand, when the young boy ran over. "Hi! What's your name!?" Ash looked from Dazai to Kenji "Ash Billison, just call me Billy. Ash is far to formal for a boy at your age" Ash deadpanned, "oooo can I call you Billy!?" "No." Dazai pouted, Kenji giggled taking Billy's hand and dragged him to his cow, "this is Maybell!" Ash looked to Dazai for help but he was unhelpful just gave him a thumbs up, he sighed and petted the cow, "heya mama," Kenji giggled.

Maybe this won't be so bad. Ash thought walking home after a day at the ADA's office.