Chapter 4

The two finally got in the village,some houses we're ruined but some where's intact, Alex got into one of the houses, it was an average size house, a fire place and some wood, enough to make a fire. Alex placed Gene on the couch and went to look for a med kit, people used to keep some around. He found nothing much but some bandages and betadine, enough to prevent the wound from infecting. He went back and started attending to the wound. Gene was too tired to notice the slight pain, and too cold to care. After bandaging him up Alex got up and looked at Gene
"How do you feel?"

"Better.."

"I'll go look if there's something we can change into. Then make a fire and see if i find something to eat. You stay here ok?"

Gene nodded and waited. He did notice a change after he told Alex how it was before the curse. The feeling of having Alex around was warming ti Gene, but it wasn't his Alex... Alex came back with some clothes. They were left by the residents who ran away.

"I found a pair of sweat pants and a sweater, should be good. Right?"

Gene nodded and took the clothes, Alex left the room so he could change in peace, after a while he came back and got started on the fire.

"My sister likes to talk about pet names, before..you know...did i use to call you somehow or?"

"Chérie. You used to call me Chérie"

"Chérie...it suits you to be honest"

"You also gave me this" Gene said showing Alex a blue ribbon tied around his wrist.

"We made some silly promises and then gave each other these ribbons, you had a black one and i have this blue one"
Alex managed to light the fire and then came back to Gene and sat next to him.

"Now i can see why i fell for you..."

"What do you mean?"

"You're so pretty..like.. those green eyes.. everything about you is perfect.." Alex said. Gene could feel his cheeks burning, he really missed this.
Alex then remembered he had to look for food, he went into the kitchen to look for something, unluckily for them, nothing was there

"Dammit"

"Everything alright?" Gene asked

"Nothing to eat.." Alex said

"It's fine, it's just for tonight"

"Yeah" they both could hear the storm outside, it was kinda harsh tonight.

"Shall we go to sleep?" Alex asked

"Yeah.."

"Well there's a bed... I'll sleep there since it's much colder"

"Hell no you're not leaving me here alone!"

"What would you like to share a bed?"

"Anything that's better than sleeping alone!"

"Ok, lemme help you up tho"

"Alex, I've got it, my leg's a bit better" Gene said managing to get up and began walking slowly towards the room with Alex following behind him. They got into the room and Gene plopped into the bed letting out a tired sigh. Alex got next to him and looked at him.

"I know everything is weird for you right now, i just told you that basically what you're living is just a curse I'm trying to break"

"Yeah..but I've never thought we were so....close..."

"You are the best thing that happened to me,Alex.."

"How so?"

"I was in a really.. REALLY bad place, and you just, appeared in my life and made everything better and.. healed me..this curse basically took you away from me.."

Alex got closer in an attempt to comfort Gene. Out of instinct Alex wrapped his arms around Gene pulling him into a hug

"What are you doing?.." Gene asked

"Do you mind?"

"No.. actually.. it's.. comforting.."

They cuddled for a bit before Gene fell asleep. Alsx noticed but didnt want to let go, so he made himself more comfortable, pulled Gene closer and fell asleep, the storm was strong, but at least they we're sokewhe somewhat warm. Tomorrow they'll leave to go to the camp, maybe tomorrow Gene's leg will be a bit more healed.