Ditched

She had left him.

And Lavan didn't know if he was angry, heartbroken, or seized with a crazed desire to laugh. Of course she'd run off, of course. She'd probably realized she'd woken up next to the nightmare king himself and run for the hills.

He'd called on a few of his sylphs and fungi to search the city for her. He needed to talk to her at least once. Appeal to her somehow. Get her to see past the reputation and see him. But it had been several hours with no luck. Now he was at Azura's front door, only about half as clothed as he had been the night prior. Going shirtless wasn't entirely unheard of for male fairies. But it certainly wasn't his personal style. Not that he'd had a choice. The runaway in question had made his shirt unwearable. So now he was walking around bare-chested, trying to look as if he had a shred of dignity.

Azura was awake and chipper, the insufferable morning person that she was, greeted Lavan with an enormous smile, shoved a mug of buttercup milk in his hand and sat him down on her couch.

She settled across from him, her smile going from friendly to sinister "So, how was your night Lavan? Do anything interesting? Anyone interesting?" She wiggled a cerulean eyebrow.

He stiffened, taking a sip of his milk to avoid answering right away.

"Not sure what you mean" He hedged, feeling like a worm in the beak of a sparrow. Helpless and squirming.

"Oh I don't know. Maybe its just my...intuition" she pointed a blue fingernail at her own neck, gesturing vaguely "You may want to look in a mirror"

He blinked, horror dawning on him as he looked down into the silver serving tray that held the remaining cups of milk.

He had a bite mark on the side of his neck.

Well...no point playing coy. He leaned back on the couch.

"Fine, I spent the night with someone. She was....well we harmonized with each other. But she was gone when I woke up. I need help finding her"

Azura's eyes widened till they bugged. She slapped a hand over her mouth to muffle giggles that turned into a full bodied laugh. His frown deepened as she cackled.

"You! Of all people!" She kept laughing "You of all people. Harmonizing with someone! And then she ditches you!" Azura wiped a tear from her eye as her laughs slowed to the occasional honk.

Lavan set his cup down with a clack "Im so glad my misery amuses you. If you don't want to help me find her, Ill be on my way" He moved to stand, but Azura flicked her fingers and the serving tray, animated by her magic, jabbed him in the gut. He fell back on the couch with an 'oof'.

"Sit down. There's no need to get huffy because your new flame absolutely wrecked you and flew off"

"She didn't 'wreck' me" Lavan felt he had to defend his pride now. He was swiftly regretting coming to Azura for help.

The blue guardian leaned forward, resting her elbows on her knees. "Oh I'd say she wrecked you. But that's alright. You were definitely due for it. Now!" She clapped her hands and a bundle of fabric zoomed from one of the connecting rooms. Landing on his lap.

"You'll want a shirt. And you'll have the full might of my Cerulean Guard to help you find this fairy" She leaned back, her smile going too innocent "I'd absolutely love to meet any woman that can put you on your rear"

Lavan let that comment pass "She shouldn't be hard to find. She didn't have any wings" he slipped the shirt on, feeling better now that the evidence of the moon haze wasn't on display.

"No wings? Ive never heard of such a thing" Azura said, tapping her chin.

"She was powerful too. I was hoping you'd already know who she was" He wilted slightly. If the resident guardian didn't know about this fairy then odds were she was from another region entirely. He didn't have nearly as much hope of getting help from the other guardians.

"Worry not old friend. We'll find her. And hopefully she'll hear you out long enough that you can convince her to stay in that dreary castle of yours"

He sniffed "My hall is not dreary. Its refined"

"A distinction without a difference. Now..." She was interrupted by a cerulean guard bursting into the room.

"Guardian Azura! I have bad news!" He zoomed into the room, sketching a bow to Azura, seeing Lavan and throwing himself into a full bow.

"Lord Lavan, I didn't know you were here. My apologies" the guard squeaked. Already shaking.

Lavan quirked an eyebrow. What had he ever done to deserve such fear? Youd think he'd spent his days skinning puffballs in front of children.

Azura gestured for the guard to stand "No need for formalities. What is the news?"

"It's the Enchantress! She's collapsed!"

Lavan was standing before he'd even had time to think "What?!" He thundered. Making the guard quake.

"It..it happened this morning your Grace. She was feeling weak and then collapsed in front of Guardian Saphirette and Guardian Emeraldo"

"I'm going to her palace" Lavan was already moving towards the door.

"Wait Lavan!" Azura beckoned to him. She flew to be even with him "I'm coming too, all the guardians will need to know about this" She turned to her guard "Tell Captain Devanto I am headed to see the Enchantress. Put my schedule on hold and secure the city. Something is afoot"

Lavan grit his teeth. The search for the wingless fairy would have to be put on hold. For now.