Meeting

Azura was in a flurry of activity. Pulling the Cerulean Guard back to the palace wasn't nearly so simple as she'd made it sound to Lavan. Also, regardless of whether it was convenient or not, she was still the Guardian of Fairytown, and her region was in a state of chaos. Shortly after her return, a sickness had started to spread. Most fairies had grown too weak to fly, and many of the flowers had begun to wilt.

Her citizens had flocked to the town hall, demanding answers. In the end, the Hall Minister had had to shut the doors and force everyone to go home. They had no answers to provide and he looked about at his wits end.

Azura returned to her house, worn thin from the day, but still having so much to do. Her Guards were on high alert too. Topaz had gone missing the day prior. She could have gotten sick somewhere, she was a bit flighty. But Azura had a bad feeling about it. Odds were, someone was targeting the Guardians.

A strong whistling wind outside her door made her straighten. A sylph messenger knocked on the door, bouncing from foot to foot.

The Blue Guardian let the tiny spirit inside.

"Yes Larkspur?"

The sylph jumped, as If she wasn't expecting Azura to remember her name. She sketched a curtsy.

"Guardian Azura! I have news from Lord Lavan. Guardian Ruby has gone missing along with Guardian Topaz. Also the sickness has spread to the Magic Meadow and the Sunset Fields. He wants to know when your guard will be free to move to the Rainbow Palace"

Azura bit her lip "Tell him it will take at least another day for me to settle things here. How is he doing?"

"Still on his way to the Wilderland Region"

"Good, let him know my status. Thank you Larkspur" The sylph sketched another bow and dissolved into mist, zooming out the window like a cloud caught in a gale.

Azura sighed, mulling over all she had to do. Then, she saw a flicker of movement through the blue glass of her window. Narrowing her eyes, she gathered a handful of magic around her palm and floated to the window. She pushed the it open, narrowing her gaze on the large bluebell that hung just outside the window. A dainty pair of feet were poking out under the base of the flower. Whoever was trying to spy on her, they weren't very gifted at subterfuge.

"You!" She called, voice hard and commanding "I know you're there, leave immediately or I'm calling my guards"

"No!" a female voice objected. A young fairy poked her face between the petals of the bluebell. She flinched back after realizing that she'd revealed herself. "I...Im sorry if we startled you" she pushed the petals aside to reveal a blue and purple puffball hovering at her elbow. "I'm Elina and this is Bibble. We came from the Magic Meadow to ask for your help" She clutched the edges of the bluebell, her words gushing out in a torrent "Our Guardian is missing, our fairies cant fly, our flowers are dying, my home..." Her face drooped downward, she looked like she might cry. She squared her shoulders and looked Azura dead in the eye, pleading "I didn't know where else to go"

Azura's heart ached for her. She'd heard this story a thousand times today alone. But each time it still hurt her to hear how the fairies of the surrounding regions were struggling. She needed to give this fairy some hope.

"Come to the window. Slowly" She instructed.

A bit unwillingly, the young fairy parted from her bluebell hiding place. Revealing a lovely pink dress and slim figure. Azura blinked in surprise, cocking her head as the fairy approached. She didn't have wings.

Reeling from that realization Azura watched as the fairy stepped into the evening sunlight cresting the roof of her house. As the sunlight struck her eyes, a brilliant rainbow shined across her face, making her eyes flash a thousand different colors.