Again

Lavan was pondering a very important question. If someone saves your life can that be taken as a sign that they like you? Or was saving someone who was dying a neutral thing?

He shook his head in an attempt to clear his thoughts. After that rush of magic that Elina had poured into him, his body felt oddly floaty. His thoughts disjointed like bumblebees bouncing around the inside of his head.

By the stars she was strong. His magic had about tapped itself out trying to fight off that poison and keep him breathing. But she had purged it entirely and sealed the arrow wound to boot. She didn't even seem tired from doing such a magical feat either. He stared up at the ceiling of Azura's house. His dreamy, floating thoughts finally starting to settle as the rush of her magic burned itself out, healing even the remaining sting the poison left clinging to his bones.

He shot upward when he heard her footsteps approaching. She leapt gracefully from surface to surface, hardly seeming to notice the wide gaps between standing areas in Azura's enormous house. She had a bundle clutched in her arms, her eyes darting around like she wasn't sure where to let them settle.

She placed the bundle near his feet. Speaking in a rush "Ill let you get changed"

Then she was off again. He raised his hand to stall her. Then realized she was blushing so hard it was creeping down to her shoulders. He looked down, finally noticing his lack of pants.

Maybe she'd be more comfortable talking to him when he was decent. Pants were a good idea.

As he got dressed he noticed that Azura's house was, frankly, an utter mess. Furniture was tossed around and broken. Her prized possessions knocked off their perches and scattered to the floor far below. He also couldn't help but notice that Azura herself hadn't come out to hurl insults at him for bleeding all over her good linens. Something was very wrong.

He heard a buzzing noise and saw a blue and purple puffball hovering a few yards away. Regarding him with enormous eyes.

"Can you tell Elina that Im dressed now?. I need to speak with her" The puffball whistled then zoomed off. A few moments later, Elina's light footsteps sounded down below. He started to stand, but his legs felt like jelly and he fell back down. Still drained from all that had happened he supposed.

"Is something wrong?" She asked worriedly, finally stepping into the lamplight "are you hurting anywhere?"

He tried for a smile. Doing his best not to be intimidating "No, no Im just feeling a bit weak. Probably can't stand up yet"

Her brow went down with worry "Who could hurt you like that?" She moved closer, her hands fluttering like she wanted to pat him down for Injuries.

He sighed "My apprentice, Dahlia. She turned on me. Gathered some of my people and ambushed me outside my lands. I was such an idiot. Couldn't recognize an ambush till I'd already been shot" He let out a harsh laugh, rubbing at the spot where the arrow had punched through.

"How could she do that?" Elina was horrified.

"I suppose she wants more. More power, more influence. Shes been hurt in a lot of ways and she always seemed to think if she was stronger, then no one would be able to cross her again. I tried my best to help her see that if she was strong she didn't need to be afraid. She could use it to help people but" he groaned and ran a hand through his hair "I guess Im just an idealistic fool at the end of the day"

Elina scowled, real anger on her face "She wants power, so she hurt you?"

"Its not just me. She's also responsible for the sickness that's been affecting all the regions. She's the reason most fairies cant fly, the reason all the flowers are dying. Shes the one who poisoned the Enchantress" he gripped his hands together in his lap. Trying with everything he had not to let his anger surface. He didn't want to scare her.