The End

Lavan kicked the Guardians out of his house about two hours after nightfall. They probably would have stayed longer to pelt him with questions, but the sylphs had notified some of his citizens that the palace was retaken. So Lavan's people poured back into the Wilderlands. Toadstool folk, brownies, sylphs, the rarer sprites from poisonous plants, and many more flooded back from where they had fled Dahlia's occupation. His staff returned with a vengeance, immediately getting to work setting the hall right after it had been taken over and 'utterly smeared up and down with fungal slime' as his housekeeper had lamented.

The influx of dark fae seemed to spook the Guardians into vacating the hall. Also, Aella arrived early in the evening, announcing that the Enchantress was up, moving and having batches of the antidote prepared to spread to all the regions. This got the Guardians scurrying as they promptly realized that they needed to go do their real jobs in distributing it.

Azura was the last to leave. She gave Lavan a final hug. He was terribly awkward about it, his brow drew down in a scowl even as he patted her on the back.

"I really am so glad you're safe my friend" She said, pulling away and giving him a wide smile. He gripped her shoulders, a slim smile peeking out from behind his scowl. "I'm glad you're alright too" He admitted, making Azura beam.

"Oh! Is that endearment I hear? Imagine that! The Nightmare King has feelings!" Azura teased.

Elina, standing to the side, giggled at the banter. "You two are funny together"

Azura joined her in laughter. Then Elina's voice went coaxing "Are you sure you don't want to stay the night here? Its already dark out"

Azura shook her head resolutely "No, I simply must be on my way back to Fairytown. Besides, I can make it to a friend's house in Highflower Heights before it gets too late"

Lavan harrumphed, he had made his stance on visitors very clear earlier in the evening. Though he certainly wouldn't kick Azura out if she actually wanted to stay. Elina sighed, then spread her arms to invite Azura in for a hug. The Guardian hovered over to give the younger fairy an embrace. Elina pulled her close enthusiastically, "Thank you, Azura. For being such a good friend"

Azura gave her another squeeze then pulled away to show her a mischievous grin. "You just let me know when you're ready to talk flower arrangements".

 Elina flushed pink, her laugh a bit forced "Yeah, Ill let you know".

Azura fluttered backwards, towards the door. "Have a lovely night you two!" She said with a wink, then she vanished in a cloud of blue sparkles.

Lavan sighed and ran a hand through his hair. What a bother.

Elina chuckled again "You're worried about her"

He snorted "Maybe a little. Don't let her fool you, she's a monster of a house guest. She'll keep you talking over tea for hours. Nothing gets done"

Elina let out a chuckle that turned into a yawn.

"You ready to rest?" He asked.

She nodded gratefully "I'm not even sure when was the last time I slept"

Her moved his hand from her shoulder to the small of her back and started guiding her to his rooms. It was almost a physical pain to stop touching her. He needed to feel the warmth, the magic burning under her skin to be really sure she was there and safe beside him. She hadn't moved more than a few steps away from him for most of the day so evidence suggested she felt similarly.

They made it to the door to his room when the housekeeper popped out of the woodwork. She was a flytrap sprite. Her hair green and spiky and her wit just as quick as the plant she came from.