Part 19

My eyes twitched and I had to blink several times to open my eyes properly. I wasn't alone either, which I heard from the noises in my room. Only when I was really awake did I recognize the voice. Yumi. "Ah Yn you're still alive good to know." I just grumbled at her words. Early morning sarcasm usually annoyed me.
"You slept through the afternoon. When did you go to bed?" I yawned once before getting up and running my fingers through my hair.
"Late" I said shortly. I could hardly relate what had happened last night.
"Well, you're lucky that we don't have school until tomorrow." She was right about that.

I walked past Yumi and got ready. I hid the bandage covering the wound as best I could. Yumi wanted to go out with me, which we did. Actually, it was good not to sit in the room all day, that would only make me think. On the way I put my hand in my jacket pocket. I felt Jungkook's tie that I was carrying with me, although I could have left it in the room, but somehow I wanted it with me, not because I still had to give it away.
"Yn what about you and Jungkook?" This question was unexpected. Did you see it so clearly between us that something had happened?

"He looks at you like that and you look back at him. Is there more between you two?" My cheeks were getting warm and I must have been red. We arrived in the garden where she pulled me to the well. We sat down on the edge and I decided to tell her. So told her everything and also how I felt. My emotions rose and again the heat rose in my face. Actually, it was clear to me when we last met that I had fallen in love with Jungkook.
Yumi understood me and said that she suspects that Jungkook feels the same way, although she didn't know him that long, she saw a change in him and that since I came to this school. We talked about it until it got dark and soon the curfew started. Yumi walked in front of me because I wanted to stay seated for a while.

When I finally got up and wanted to leave, I heard voices and a gunshot followed. A shot? Automatically, without thinking, I ran to where it came from. When I arrived I spotted Ria who was in the water with Jungkook. She protected him. My gaze followed theirs and I spotted a man standing in front of them with a gun and showing no sign of lowering it. At first I didn't react, but then joy took over and my gloomy thoughts passed for a moment.
"Uncle Yagari!" The man looked at me and his weapon lowered to the ground. It really was him! I was so happy and rushed to hug him.
"Yn? Nice to see you again. You've grown tall and pretty." He ruffled my hair and I broke the hug.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. He looked at Jungkook, just like me now. His gaze expressed astonishment and at the same time sadness, which spread in me a depressing feeling. He was also injured and I didn't like that either. My hand went to his tie again.
"Jungkook was my student," my uncle said casually. Jungkook and Ria came out of the water at that moment. "Damn Jungkook pull yourself together." Ria whispered to him. What was going on here? In the next moment I winced. Uncle Yagari touched my neck where the bandage was with his cool fingers.
"Did one of the Nightclass bit you?" he asked, snarling. Panicking that I was a bad liar to him, I looked at Jungkook. He noticed that immediately and got really angry.

"Jeon Jungkook did you bite her?! Can't you control yourself?!" he wanted to point the gun at Jungkook again, but I intervened.
"No, I wanted it, it's not his fault!" Ria and Uncle Yagari were totally amazed.
"Are you crazy?" He tapped my forehead.
"I wanted to help."
"Yn you don't know what you're saying exactly. It's too dangerous!" He didn't have to tell me that. I was glad he believed my lie.

"Well, I'm not just here because of Jungkook, I knew you were here, even though I didn't know I was going to meet you tonight. You know HE is coming soon, so I want to help first." I avoided his gaze, not wanting to think about it.
"Who is HE?" Jungkook asked and wanted to step closer to me at first, but Ria came close to me.
"I'm going with Jungkook now. I'll wait for you in your room later." I nodded and they hurriedly walked away, Jungkook being pulled more.
"Why are you here for Jungkook?"

"That's less of a concern right now if I want to talk about your situation." So he didn't want to talk about Jungkook, although I'd like to ask him why he shot him.
"Now come and tell me what has happened over the years. I won't go until it's all over now." He pushed me with him and I was really glad he was there.
My parents have known him for a long time and when he came to us earlier he always did something with me. From then on he was like a relative to me, that's why he was my uncle Yagari. Together we walked to the school building in the direction of an empty room. He sat down across from me and seemed relaxed as ever.
"So." he prompted me.

"Mom and Dad sent me here and I'm having fun and I'm comfortable here."
"You've been attacked a couple of times and are you comfortable here?" he arched an eyebrow at the question. Was he really aware of what had happened to me?
"Yes, I have found good friends here."
"How did you actually find out? And who sent you?" I asked more precisely, because it wasn't a coincidence.
"I work for the Union, which is tasked with keeping the peace between humans and vampires and making sure it stays that way. It's the same as the Vampire Senate. Now the crazy fellow from Rector has informed me. Your parents sent me here to take care of you." I nodded and we talked for a while.

"Uncle Yagari I have to go, Ria wanted me to explain something to her in math." I lied.
"Then go and good night Yn and don't let yourself be bitten again, otherwise I'll have to punish you." I just nodded and left. It would do no good to say anything against it.
As soon as I was out of the room I ran. Ria had to explain a lot to me and I also had to talk to Jungkook. With these thoughts I got faster and faster and before I knew it I arrived at the dorm. Hope she was still there. I hurriedly went to my room and Ria sat on my bed.
"There you are."

"Ria, you have to explain a few things to me. What about you and Uncle Yagari before?" I sat down next to her. I couldn't let go of the gunshot wound. Hope he was okay.
"Well you already found out about Jungkook and he felt terribly guilty and...yes he wanted to kill himself with his antivampire weapon. I was able to stop him, but he wanted to leave afterwards. When I wanted to talk to him again this man came and shot Jungkook and before he could shoot again I intervened and we fell into the water. Then you came. Yn, Jungkook didn't want that and he was very surprised that you protected him."

"I know he didn't want it. He wanted to shake me off, but I stayed with him." Tears automatically came to my eyes. Jungkook wanted to kill himself. That hit me hard.
"I have to tell you something else. Jungkook said to stay away from him, he doesn't want to hurt anyone and wants distance from you. I think he wants is only future from now on." Ria didn't look too good when she said those words either. She was just as sad about it as I was.
"I think you're tired and would like to sleep. I'll pick you up with Yumi tomorrow, yes?" When I nodded, she hugged me before leaving. I was tired but how was I supposed to sleep now after she told me what Jungkook was up to?