#53 (In Roi's side) WELL-PLAYED

Soon after... May "Parents" came to check me. They were both surprise to see the documents at the table between our beds. 

"What is this doing here?"

Dra. Camilla ask while lifting one of the papers for her to see. (I rather call them with their names by now) 

"It's there to tell the truth."

I said. 

"And its about TIME"

Alex said.

"Let me explain."

Dr. Tobias said. 

"No need. I already know the facts-"

"Roi... I think. You-or we let them hear their side first. Atleast."

"Fine"

I said in agreement with my brother ALEX.

Then Dra. Camilla sat besides me. 

"Were very sorry. For keeping this hidden from you. We just want to remain what was been the answer of our prayers..."

Then she quietly sobbs as I am. And so is Alex at the next bed. 

"We ask for you. We ask for a son like you. Someone who will be our own."

Dr. Tobias said also sobbing. But he does it in an awful way. 

"Y-your own??... Tha-that's why you do not want me to enter the seminary. Because of this.... Simply you refuse what I wanted to be because who are hiding from me!... But nobody owns me. No one. I am owned by Christ... And I will do whatever it takes to fight for my Vocation."

Then the drama intensifies as I cry... and I cry a lot. Just as the two doctors were infront of me. 

***

Back again to Emmaus...

I began to laugh infront of mang Manny. He laughs back aswell. But that laugh was meant for something. That laugh is for my f*c*i*g crazy life. It is so well-played!

"I cannot imagine... That the story of my life will be like that."

I said. But mang Manny just smiled at me. 

"Do you have something alcoholic?"

"You don't ask" 

He said and he goes to get some drinks somewhere.

***

Not for long... Alex and I were discharge. I decided to stay with him. To stay with my very own BIOLOGICAL Brother in the Shrine. As I don't want to go back to their residence anymore. It is their own doing why what they ask from above is now gone to them.

"Now that were really brothers. We are now more capable and more comfortable with each other. But it will only remain there. A limitation must remain set between us. And I am fully aware that you understood it. Right?"

Alex said to me while were at the top of the Shrine's Belltower where we have a view of the City. (Especially City of Dreams) 

"I now more contended than ever. Because you are aswell flesh of my flesh, and truly bones of my bones... Because we have the same mother, though a different father."

"But the same formator..."

He said then we both laugh at it and we hug each other as a certified siblings. Who were once lost but now found. 

We rush back to the hospital after hearing from Dra

We rush back to the hospital after hearing from Dra. Camilla that a boy was brought in the Emergency Room. He is badly injured and almost covered with blood. They said that he came from prison. And it was reported that he was beaten so bad in there last night. 

"What happened?!"

Alex worriedly said as he approach Keith laying in a bed. With bruises in his face and there were more scattered with scars where blood coming out all over. As I look at them, Alex pleaded Keith to wake up again and again. But he seems to be talking to a corpse. I was there at his back in restrained. 

"Come on... Alex"

I said to leave Keith since he is still unconcious.

"Pleasseee... Keith! Lumaban ka! Hindi pa ako nakakabawi sa sayo!... Ilang beses kitang dinedma! Ilang beses kitang pingtabuyan at halos hindi pinansin sa semianaryo.. Hindi ko alam na magiging ganito..."

Then he cried bitterly infront of him. In such condition, it seems impossible for Keith to be awaken. And I was so afraid as how Alex was so afraid to lose a brother like him. 

***

In one of the seats outside the room where Keith body was. I sat with Alex and he reads to me Keith message to him last Christmas on the year after he leaves the seminary for the funeral of her lola. Alex eyes was so red, almost swollen because of how he cried very much that day.

"Alex. Kailan ka babalik? Sana bumalik ka. Hihintayin kita. Nandito lang ako. Maghihintay sa pagbabalik mo. Alam mo lumalakas ang bokasyon ko at ang pagpupursigi kong tumuloy dahil sayo. Pinapalakas mo ako. Pinapatatag mo ang loob ko dahil sa lahat ng ginagawa mo sa akin. Lalo na sa pagtulog mo sa mga Academics ko. Ikaw lang ang maasahan ko dito at wala na akong ibang nakilala na kagaya mo. Na ganyan kabait, kaalaga, kalambig, kamama-alalahanin at madasalin. Gusto kong sundin ang mga halimbawang ipinapakita at pinapamalas mo sa akin. Kaya hihintayin kita sa iyong pagbabalik dito sa Silent Sanctuary. Hanggang sa muli. PADAYON. Pinagdarasal kita palagi."

As I am reading it, I was so touch that I just hugged Alex again as a brother at his side. I don't know what to say. But deep inside me, I am also blaming myself. I was so delve into thinking that it was all my fault. I am the reason why this things are happening to him. If only I was not born then nothing will be like this at all.

***

Back to Emmaus... I drink a lot. I almost consumed the 6th bottle of soju while it is still day. I look straightly at the sea and I think of swimming. While talking back to my mind with my best friend Giel. Who always brag infront of me that he can swim better than I. That he was good at all things better than I am. He always shows that he is perfect which is the only thing that I like of him so much. I loved him first before I could even have affections with Alex. He is the first one who came to my life and wherever he goes, I will follow him. 

"Did you see that Roi?"

He said while where at The Patapat Viaduct.

"Yeah.. its vast."

I said to him.

"I can swim from here to that island over there."

He said while pointing the island. 

I start to walk in the shore going in the waters. Going deep. I will go swim towards that island. I will never stop until I reach there. 

(The Author will edit some errors soon!)