one

season 1, episode 18 : bad moon rising

Isa never expected a spilled drink to be the cause of her meeting three other mermaids. After a girl named Cleo bumped into her, spilling her juice and drenching both girls, Isa and Cleo shoved each other as they tried to run to the bathroom first. However, they both made it at the same time and Cleo had just managed to lock the door before her and Isa fell in a pile on the floor, tails flailing and eyes wide.

Minutes later, Cleo introduced Isa to her friends, Emma and Rikki. The three girls welcomed Isa to their group, and for the next few weeks, they all hung out.

Isa had never heard of land girls being turned into mermaids, which is why she found her three new friends so fascinating. She was also surprised when they told her about how they had to hide from the upcoming full moon.

"What do you mean?" she asked, as she flopped onto Cleo's couch.

"Well, whenever we see the full moon, we get kind of... moonstruck," Emma attempted to explain. Isa had a confused expression for a moment.

"Oh, you mean the moon spell? Where you act all weird and get obsessed with water?" she smiled as the other girls nodded, "yeah, that's normal. But after a few full moons it gets pretty easy to control."

"You mean it doesn't affect you?" Cleo asked.

"I mean it's not completely gone, but it doesn't make me all crazy or anything. How many moon cycles have you three been through?" she asked as Rikki and Emma joined her on the couch.

"I think this is going to be our third one," Emma said.

Isa's eyes got wide, "Oh shit, so you guys haven't been mermaids for that long at all."

"Yeah. We were actually hoping," Rikki exchanged looks with the other two before continuing, "that you could help us with it?"

Isa smiled, "I'd love to."

"Sorry I'm late!" Isa burst through Emma's front door that evening, "I accidentally pissed off this shark and it... who are you?" Her eyes fell on a strange blonde boy who was carrying electronics.

"Oh, Isa this is Lewis, Lewis this is Isa," Emma introduced.

"You're the real mermaid?" Lewis sounded surprised, squinting as he observed the girl from her sandals to her light blue bucket hat.

"You're the guy they trusted with their secret?" Isa sounded equally unimpressed, crossing her arms.

"Hey, we are real mermaids!" Rikki defended, her voice high.

"Would you at least back me up that we need to full-moon proof the house?" Lewis questioned, choosing to ignore Rikki.

"You mean like duct tape windows?" Lewis nodded at her question, "yeah, that sounds like a smart idea."

A smug smile appeared on Lewis' face, as he seemed pleased with her answer. He turned to look at Emma, expectantly.

Emma sighed, "I'm just not really sure that-"

"Just stop," Lewis cut her off, "Don't go all independent female on me. I just spent $40 at the hardware store, and a real mermaid said it was a good idea."