Movies

(Quick a/n: i really hope you guys have seen the movie 'The Breakfast Club' or else this chapter won't make any sense-)

POV: Grian

I think it's stupid to have to wake up at 8 in the morning on a Saturday. Just have detention be on Monday mornings.

I arrive at the front of the school five minutes late. God, Mr. Rivera is going to kill me I think.

"And Mr. Xelqua has arrived." He announces when I walk into the classroom. It seems like I interrupted him. "I guess now that you're all here, I'll go over the rules. No talking, no using your devices, and no getting out of your seat unless it is to use the bathroom, in which case you need to come tell me. Are we clear?"

"Yes, sir" We all mumble. I look around the room after he leaves, to see who else is here. Joel, Lizzie, Xisuma and Scar. God, why is it that Scar is everywhere I go?

A few minutes of silence pass and I'm already falling asleep. I only come back to my senses when Xisuma clears his throat and begins to talk. "Hey, this is kinda reminding me of the movie 'The Breakfast Club'"

I've never watched that movie in my life.

Everyone else agrees with him, but Joel looks somewhat confused. "Wait, who is who then?"

"Easy!" Xisuma starts, "I'd say Grian's the Jock, and Joel is the criminal first."

Joel makes an offended noise but doesn't seem entirely opposed to the idea.

"So," Xisuma continues, "That would make Lizzie the princess. And I'm obviously the brains, so that makes Scar the basket-case."

Scar's head shoots up from where it was resting on the desk, and he keeps looking between X and me, his eyes wide and his face red. Xisuma laughs at him, "What? You dont talk, you're constantly drawing, and— lets face it— you are pretty weird. You are the perfect Allison!"

"Well you're not much of a Brian" Scar mumbles, just loud enough for Xisuma to hear.

"Damn, now I really wish I had seen this movie you are all talking about." I say.

Everyone turned to face me, their faces painted in shock. "What?" I ask. "You've seriously never seen 'The Breakfast Club'? What rock do you live under?" Joel asked.

"Haha very funny" I said sarcastically, "what's the big deal?"

"It's a classic! You gotta watch it!" Xisuma exclaims.

"Yeah well maybe later" I say, dismissing the idea. I don't think I'll ever have time to watch that movie.

One hour later

"Well, in true John fashion, I'm getting out of here." Joel says.

"How? Our school doesn't have as many shortcuts as the one in the movie" Xisuma asks.

"I'll just bs my way out of this joint, you coming, Lizzie?"

Lizzie waits and thinks for a second. She looks in the direction of the principle's office, then to all of us, then back to Joel. "You know what? Definitely not in Claire fashion, but in my own, I am coming with you." She finally responds.

As they leave the library through the back door, I look at Xisuma and ask, "what do they mean by that?"

"John and Claire, the Criminal and the Princess. They end up together at the end of the movie. Basically John tries to escape with the others, but eventually gets caught and sacrifices himself for the group. Later he comes back and the group has a bonding moment. Then at the end of the movie The brains— Brian— is finally comfortable in is own skin, the princess— Claire— steps out of her comfort zone and dates John— the criminal— who also dials back his craziness a bit to make sure Claire is comfortable. Andrew— the jock— comes to terms with who he really is, and Allison— the basket case— finally finds her confidence with Claire's help. In the end, Andy and Allison-" Xisuma gets cut off by Scar kicking him in the leg.