CH 7. Ugh, Nerd Alert

"Finally! Something normal for summer!"

After fighting a multitude of evil teens, aliens, and strange doctors gone mad, you're finally able to go somewhere normal

A water park

Standing in front of the entrance, you looked at the advertisement for one of their rides, Riptide Rapids, and couldn't help but smile "Look at that thing, it's glorious!"

"It looks like a safety hazard," Max said, looking at the ridiculously large water slide "That's gotta be six stories high"

"I've never been to a Water park before" Ai said alongside Gwen in their bathing suits "Should I be excited to go down that slide?"

"You're going to love it, Ai" Gwen replied, ushering her further toward the entrance "It'll be so fun!"

"Please make sure neither of them hurt themselves," Max told you before you could follow "If you need me, I'll be on the side of the pool near the bathrooms"

"You got it, Gramps"

Finally, after a grueling, but fun, start to the summer, you were finally about to do something that wasn't going to threaten your life. One more step and you-

"No, electronics allowed in the pool"

"Huh?"

A hand in front of you put a stop to your movement. Following the arm to its owner, an employee with the name tag Brad carried a bored look as he repeated himself "I said, no electronics"

You had half a mind to insult him, but you decided to raise your hands and show how empty they were "Dude, does it look like I have one?"

The little expression he held dropped further as he pointed at your wrist. An irk mark popped up on your head as you almost shouted "I can't take this off"

He raised a brow "Oh, yeah?"

"Yeah"

"You know what else you can't do?"

"What?"

"Get on the slide with electronics"

Raising it to his face, you gave him a closer look "How do you even know it's electric, I could have this as a-"

BEEP!

Brad pressed a button on the Omnitrix as the dial popped up. Leaning so your arm wasn't in his face, he looked at you "Sounds electrical to me..."

Your shoulders sagged in defeat, raising your gaze, you looked at the teen with a glare "So that's how it's gonna be, huh?"

Returning your gaze, he folded his arms "That's how it's gonna be"

The two of you had a stare-off as the sounds of people enjoying themselves faded into the background. Today, the two of you separately declare a silent war against the other "I'm gonna get in there, one way or another"