iv

meet me here again, you had whispered, voice strangely sweet

and so i did.

of course i did.

our stolen kisses littered the empty alleyway like petals ripped from the flower; beautiful even in death.
every time i entered the alleyway i was hit with- you. me. us. your hips on mine. dark eyes glimmering. slightly pouty lips swollen from our illicit affairs. butterfly kisses along jawlines. hands slipping up shirts. falling to something terrifying. flying to the same thing.

ask me how it began,

you would chuckle upon seeing the permanent flush that never failed to appear in your presence. you were always waiting for me and i never knew how.

i was struck dumb the moment hello dripped from your mouth, warm and sweet like honey. i could've sworn i saw stars glittering on your lips and i had never understood the greek myths about sirens until i was drowning in your voice like- yes, i would dash my ship upon the rocks for you. yes, i would jump overboard for you.

how are you, i still remember the second time we met. second time we met but the first time i started to learn you. i felt like a deer in the headlights of your stare but i could never bring myself to run from you.

what's your name,

lysander,
lysander,
lysander,
my name is-

lysander but you can call me lys

blush on my cheeks and once again the words tumbled out in a mess.

gorgeous.

yes you are, i wished i could have said to you in that moment, gazing upwards at you. the sun illuminated your eyes, melting them down into storms of liquid gold framed by dark eyelashes- you looked so much like an angel it hurt.

and we met, day after day in that strange little abandoned-alleyway-turned-sanctuary. two boys and a lunch period. bliss had never looked so exquisite as it did back then.

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
a brief interlude
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

/ DOES HEAVEN CRY FOR YOU
OR ME? /

MICHAEL WEEPS, BUT ALL IT DOES IS COVER THE TRUTH HIDDEN IN THE SEAM OF HIS LIPS WITH ICHOR.

NO ONE WONDERS HOW GOD LEARNT OF LUCIFER'S SINS

LET IT BE KNOWN THAT LOVE WEARS MANY FACES,
LIKE MADNESS
LIKE ENVY
LIKE

BETRAYAL

— are we really talking about the seraphim?

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

your touches felt too holy and devoted— too passionate for someone like me. my soul seeped into my blood like fire when i was around you. i dared not feel like a god but you kept kneeling for me. being around you made me feel so high it burned. does it feel like this for you too, i bit back every time. do my eyes show you the same desperation that i see in the mirror? does this feel like the beginning of something permanent? has the rhythm of your heart changed? has the world start spinning differently? because for me- yes. yes. everything has changed. you changed everything.

and i can't deny, i was not someone who deserved to be worshipped, least of all by you. you treated me like i was some divine being and it made me feel as sick as i did happy. i- could not be as lovely as you made me seem.

if anything, reverence was made for boys like you. boys with dark eyes and darker ghosts haunting the light in their gaze. perfect curls and an appearance beautiful enough to make an instant devotee from an unbeliever. scarred hands and soft lips. i really didn't need to worry about playing god when He would be envious of you.

i would have given anything to you - you have to know. you could paint my skies whatever color you wished, command whatever you wanted of me, loved me or hated me.

oh yes, boys like you made falling feel like flying.

this emotion crept on me like a wave. mercilessly. in the blink of an eye i was at the waterline, then salt was kissing my thighs- suddenly i parted my lips to call your name but all i tasted was the ocean. i couldn't even tell you when i started drowning because i still don't know. i think i still am. devotion blinds, they say, it shouldn't feel like a whirlwind, they say, be careful but also vulnerable, they say,

boys like you make lovesick fools of boys like me.

michael gazes upon lucifer,