chapter 22 - time

2027

"Goddamn that was a fucking day"

I get up from my chair to stretch my arms as I look around my studio, everything was in the dark as only the light from my monitor emitted directly towards me, I breath in and out as I turn off my pc from below as I turn on the screensaver for my monitor as I head out the door, I walk down the dimly lit halls of JYP as I greet employees who were still here, I head inside a practice room to see my sister in there

"Hey-ya!"

My sister who was dancing suddenly looks back as she hears my voice, she immediately runs up to me to give me a hug as we smile at each other's comfort again

Yumi - Oh my god, I didn't know you were still here!

Y/N - late night stuff working on the album, how's practice?

Yumi - great, me and Kei were working on our killing dance together but she just left a minute ago

Y/N - oh shit yeah, excited to see the choreo once it's finished

Yumi - yeah, good job on the dance break by the way, very hard hitting, I know fans would love it

Y/N - still haven't got a name for them yet?

Yumi - of course we do stupid, but saying fans just seems more normal to me, we are american after all

Y/N - yeah you big dumbo, have you eaten yet?

Yumi - no I haven't actually, wanna head down to the cafeteria?

Y/N - sure, come on.

Yumi jumps on my back as she wants a piggyback ride as she cheers me on like if i was a horse to which I smile, I turn off the light to the studio as we walk towards the elevator where she remained on my back the whole time, we wait till we got to our floor to where she was still on my back as we walked towards the cafeteria where not much people were still there butt the workers and some employees, I greet the employees who greet us with a smile as per the same with the workers behind the bar. I ordered a coffee and some food for myself as she ordered a salad and some water behind my back, they laugh at the antics of Yumi but we laugh it off as well as we waited for them to finish up our food, we talked around for until we got around to our food being given to us at the counter where she finally hops off my back as we walked towards a free table near the glass where the lights of the city omitted brightly against us.

Y/N - man, it's been a while since we ate here

Yumi - I know, it's nice. You've been a great manager for so long oppa

Y/N - can't believe it's been 6 years now, time flies by and I remember you seeing me for the first time back home

Yumi - and I'm still happy to see you

Y/N - me too.

I spent some time talking to Yumi about her group as I now manage her group after ITZY disbanded a year ago after contract renewals came around. Everyone agreed to stay together with each other but not as idols except Yuna who debuted as a soloist under HYBE. We stayed together in a house still in Seoul for Yuna's and Ji-eun's sake since Ji-eun was still pretty well popular as a singer and a actress in the industry though she was planning to retire soon since our daughter was going to turn 5 soon, it was rough i can tell you that.

Around 2024, Ji-eun was pregnant, it was a surprise for everyone and netizens. And it turned our world around, mine, the girls, and for her too. It was our daughter, our very own daughter. We had decided to get married around that time too to everyone's approval since now, Yeji's,

Lia's and Chaewon's wedding had been in the planning since they were that age to get married. You would be surprised that everyone actually didn't mind, 5 girls getting married to me? Me and Sakura's wedding went well too and everyone's families were understanding but it meant a whole lot of money getting spent especially when I had to get 5 wedding rings and proposal rings in the span of 5 years, it was hard but we're getting there. 6 girls to go you know, but it has been a hard 5 years. News of their relationships to me was quite controversial, it was hard for people to accept that 2 of the biggest groups and korea's biggest soloist was in a relationship with me, it was harsh, there was massive backlash due to the taboo of it happening and it almost caused us to rift but now. We got over it. We're all still together and still happy, the system is still there but we're happy. All of us are. We have no regrets and it's great.