f o u r

❝I know, I know, I know,
I know you❞

It was time, Haneul thought as she got comfy in her bed. It was raining out and she had just finished the last of her homework. This was one of the days she had off from work so she was taking full advantage. She had a bowl of popcorn and her phone in front of her, it was go time. It had been a few days since the conversation with her friend who eagerly awaited for her to watch it. The vibes were perfect, as she pulled her soft blankets all the way up to her chest. While she didn't have a nice computer or anything, her phone would do the trick. Turning it sideways, she pressed play to the show that had taken her an embarrassing amount of time to find.

A couple minutes in, she became totally entranced by the show. This was a surprise since it had been a long time that she had become so sucked into things like this.

"Wow," she said out loud once the stage was lit up. The space was huge, she wondered how all the trainees got the courage to stand in front of all those people. Who, not to mention, were judging them.

Finally, the trainees started to trickle in. Some of them looked like they couldn't hold a note, but who was she to judge? It's not like she could either.

A Canadian trainee came in next, which shocked her because Canada seems so far away. He was cute, and seemed like a happy virus just like Hyo. But what really took the cake was when the Jellyfish Entertainment trainees walked out, she made sure to remember that company name. Specifically because her eyes widened and then focused on a specific one. The name tag said Park Gunwook.

There was a complete seriousness on his face, which honestly added to his whole bad boy vibe. His hair was slicked back and he was wearing all black, he looked amazing. The way he just went straight to the first place chair with no hesitation made him all the more interesting. Her jaw dropped when she saw the size comparison in Gunwooks and the others' thighs a few clips later. He was so much stronger, she felt her heart speed up and cheeks starting to change color. There was something seriously wrong with her.

They quickly moved on from him, and she frowned, almost rewinding the show back to when he walked in. For a good portion of the rest of the show, she only thought about Gunwook. There was no other trainee that had enchanted her as he had. She felt silly about how she felt, she was probably one of the many that was falling for this trap. His personality was probably entirely different from what Mnet was portraying. At least that was what Hyo had been ranting about during one lunch break some weeks ago.

Despite trying to talk herself out of it, who was she kidding? She'd already been lured in. She really didn't focus on anything other than the Jellyfish Entertainment trainee until they started explaining the concept of the show. Hanuel wasn't surprised when it was eventually revealed that the K-group was more confident than the G-group. Of course they were, most of them had received at least basic training. This was one of those moments where she was really grateful about Hyo's obsession, at least she knew a good amount.

Then the auditions started happening and to her surprise, the Jellyfish trainee's went first. But first it cut to the trainee's backstage next to a smaller and younger one. The trainees, especially Gunwook, looked ginormous compared to the younger Japanese one. She thought it was so funny how they were all intimidated by him. She says that but she knew her breath would be caught in her throat if she was in her presence.

She grins when it cuts to Takuto standing next to them again. Her grin widens even more when Gunwook actually is kind to him. Her cheeks were aching from how hard she was smiling, it was a new feeling but she didn't mind it.

Another cut was made and they finally performed. It was to a song she had never heard before, which wasn't all surprising considering she's not an avid music listener. To be honest, she'd be okay not hearing the song ever again... She'd never say that out loud though.

She held her breath as they finished the song. Gunwook had, unsurprisingly, been the focal point of her attention. Between the charisma and stage presence, she was gobsmacked. He really lived up to his confidence. Hanuel wasn't usually one to show a lot of emotion, but apparently when it came to him, that was the farthest from the truth.

The show just kept getting better and better, especially when Gunwook was asked to dance by himself after the group performance. She had to keep herself from smiling too hard again, her cheeks were just starting to not hurt. She had to pause the show and take a moment to relax before watching him dance. Man, Hyo was going to love hearing about this.

Pressing the play button, it quickly showed that he had chosen to dance to Hot by Seventeen. She hadn't heard of this song either, but by the way everyone had reacted, she was impatient to see him dance. The kicker was that apparently the choreographer was one of the judges. That took her a second to realize because he was so unfazed when reminded. Damn, he was admirable. She had to wipe her mouth during his performance, was she drooling? Wiping her eyes and putting her hair behind her ears, she took a small breather.

Woah, she thought as he finished. His dancing was amazing. The control and fluidity was satisfying to watch, he had to go far. His aura was just too much to stay a trainee.

"3 stars."

"Eh?" She gasped, sitting up from her comfy spot. Her practically empty bowl of popcorn almost tipped over from how fast she had sat up. Obviously she was just your average girl, but even she could tell he deserved an all star!

She shook her head in disbelief and disappointment. She watched, less intrigued as performances went on and on. Sure there were great dancers and singers, but nobody topped Gunwook in her book. Perhaps she was a little biased. While there were good ones there were twice as many terrible ones. Hanuel became less worried that Gunwook wouldn't make it, he was so much more talented than most of these trainees.

So what if she's only seen a couple performances? That was more than enough to form her opinion.

She almost chuckled when two G-group trainees performed Hot, the same one Gunwook danced too. They had absolutely nothing on him, she felt so bad. She knew it took courage to go up there and they did their best but, wow was it something.
But again, Gunwook was on another level.

The episode ended with a boy group member's performance being teased and it looked like he did well.

Closing out of the app, Haneul set back against her soft pillows, head filled with thoughts. She was so glad she didn't have to wait to see Gunwook's performance since he did not disappoint. As she sat there with the rain lightly pattering against her window, she thought about how she couldn't wait to see the next episode.

I know you जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें