n i n e

❝I'm here regardless of the pain
Don't ever tell me to go away
From you❞

Her breath got caught in her throat as he ran out, not able to say anything. What just happened? She thought to herself. He was really something.

After a few minutes of him being gone, she debated whether he was coming back tonight and if she should put everything he picked up back. Even though he said he'd be right back, it was nearing closer and closer to closing time.

Just when she decided she was about to gather up everything, he walked through the door again. Except this time he had flowers and some chocolate.

"Oh my god you didn't have to do this I-I mean I don't even know you!" She scrambles to say, shaking her head and waving her hands.

"I know but I like doing things like this," He replies, with the signature crescent moons shining.

"You've done this before?" She asks surprised, he must be the spontaneous type. She wonders what his mbti is.

"Oh well no, but it's a nice gesture," He chuckles looking at her with his dazzling eyes. She's so awkward she immediately breaks eye contact, looking down at his gifts.

"I really can't accept this," She tries again, her tone a little more calm. She takes a deep breath.

"I insist," He urged, holding the flowers and chocolate out to her.

"Okay, but just this once," She gives in, narrowing her eyes at his tall frame. It wasn't like she could just refuse the nice gesture. Not when he had done so much for her than anyone had before. She refocuses her eyes at the pretty pink and red flowers. They were in full bloom and looked so beautiful, almost as pretty as the guy in front of her.

"Thank you, really I mean you really didn't have to do this," She thanks, wondering if she should thank him again.

He looks down at her crooked name tag, "Haneul is it? Well I really did have to do this and I'm honored that you accepted them."

She shakes her head, almost trying to shake the damn blush that will not leave her face.

She could feel his eyes on her as she puts the gifts behind her right beside her unfinished homework.

"Oh, how's the homework coming along?" He asks, catching the papers behind her again.

"Actually I might need the help you were offering..." She mumbled, not really wanting to actually admit it but glad they moved on, she was still embarrassed. Plus she's still not sure if she can handle spending that much time with him.

"Yeah no problem, let me see it," He smiles, holding out his hand.

That's how they spent the last hour of her shift. Working through her calculus problems that would have taken her hours upon hours to finish alone. Even then she probably still would've gotten them wrong.

"You did it! See it's so much easier once you get the concepts," He cheers.

He looks so good in this light. With a gray long sleeve and black sweats, he just looks so boyfriend. It didn't even matter that she couldn't see half his face, spending this time with him was more than enough for her.

"Thank you so much, I can't thank you enough," She says, bowing a lot of times.

"No, it was a lot of fun. These days it has been super stressful lately so..." He reassures.

"I hope it gets less stressful," She says, not really knowing what else to say. She's never really been the type to comfort people, another thing she's trying to work on.

"Yeah it's not all bad, I've met some amazing friends so...it's been ok, just a little tiring," He laughs, eyes never leaving her face.

She wouldn't notice though, too busy smiling down at her fingers, fidgeting a little because of how nervous she is.

"That's good," She mumbles, cheeks already beat red.

He hums, nodding. They stand there for a few seconds in silence. It wasn't awkward, but Haneul was afraid he'd think so. Quickly putting his items in bags she offers them to him, "Here you go."

"I haven't paid yet," He frowns.

"There's no need, you've helped me a lot today," She shyly smiles, still holding out the bags.

"How much was it? I'll pay," He declared, not wanting to take everything for free. After all, there was a good amount of money's worth in the bags.

"No really, it's ok," She promised, boldly placing the bags into his hands. She was surprised at herself, but if he could be kind to her then she would as well.

"Ah but really," Gunwook scolded, she just giggled.

"Thank you for the gifts and the help, come again soon," She giggles again, basically dismissing him before he finds a way to pay for it.

He just stares at her with amusement, before finally shaking his head. "Just this once!"

"Mhm" She smiles as he heads out the door.

"Thank you," He turns around, bowing. "I had lots of fun."

He walked out into the pitch black night, Haneul's heart still racing even after he was long gone.

〄〄〄

It was a couple days after the second episode came out and Haneul was occupied with a big project that was due in a few days. It was a lot of things combined, a couple book reports, essays, and some slideshows. All following a specific controversial topic. She had been working on it for awhile, but it hadn't become stressful until just these past few days. She had been re-reading some of her essays and they were proving to be terribly written.

She sighed and flopped down on her bed face first. Things have been so hectic lately; her mom having to pick up even more hours due to the shortage of staff, her having to do the same at her job, more homework, etc...

She still hadn't even finished the second episode of the show. She hadn't noticed how she didn't have any free time until she started to watch the show. Now, all she wanted to do all day was read and watch the show. Oh how the tables have turned.

She was lost in thought until her phone started buzzing right next to her face. It made her jump since she never gets calls. She turns her phone over to see a bad profile picture of Hyo on her phone.

"Hello?" She says cautiously, while they were best friends they didn't call each other a lot.

"Haneul! Guess what, Guess what, Guess what?" Hyo shouts in excitement. She must be jumping around because she sounds out of breath.

"What?" Hanuel smiles.

"They just released the applications for the live audience! You have to go apply right now!" She bawled doing her ugly fake crying noise.

"Really? So soon?" She asks, shocked. She'd thought they'd have to wait at least several more weeks. Guess there was no time like the present.