f o u r t e e n

❝Don't forget to kiss me, or else you'll have to miss me❞

It took a week for the episode to come out, much to Hyo's dismay.

"So the episode comes out tonight! God it feels like forever. I mean we had like what, 3 tests and an essay due in the time we've waited?" She complains, rolling her eyes as she flicks her short hair out of her face.

"I don't know, with everything and working it seems like it's actually gone by pretty quick," She shrugs as they leave her locker and head towards their home room.

"At least it releases tonight," She repeats and Hanuel doesn't respond as they walk into their class.

As she walks home alone, she clears her thoughts. It wasn't a super nice day but the clouds weren't stormy looking. It was actually quite refreshing, squinting her eyes due to constant sunlight wasn't lots of fun. Her loafers crunched the rocks on the side of the country looking road. Her outfit was plain and boring thanks to the dress code basically every local school enforced. It didn't do anything for her confidence, since every other girl could pull it off except her.

She wasn't being dramatic, she thought as the crunching of rocks acted as white noise. Hanuel was not known for her dramatics, that was Hyo for crying out loud. But lately that's all she seems to think about. All about her looks, how did she end up like this? Nothing that was going on was out of the ordinary, well everything except watching boy's planet. However, that was just a show. God, she's becoming one of those girls who cares too much about what others think. But perhaps that's better than not caring at all? After all, everyone who cares too much seems to have more friends.

"Excuse me?" A woman's nasally voice snapped. Her head snaps up at the voice, attention tearing away from the show she supposed is now addicted too.

"I'm so sorry," Hanuel blushes, embarrassed for not hearing the women approach her. She only had one earbud in, but that apparently didn't make a difference.

"Yeah? Well maybe if you were less on your phone and actually doing your job, we wouldn't be in this position," The woman rolls her eyes, dropping a few snacks and an iced coffee on the counter.

"I'm really sorry," She apologizes again, going extra fast on scanning the items since this lady seems to be in a rush.

"Why don't you be more careful with my items?" She says scrunching her brows and crossing her arms. One would think with as many irritated customers Haneul's dealt with that she would be able to handle customers like this better. Alas, when the time comes she just shrinks into herself, like now.

She slows down and takes her time bagging everything as the lady pays with her card. As she does, Hanuel now realizes how this lady is dressed, very business professional. Then it hits her, could this be one of the people working on the show? Hanuel pretty much knows everyone that comes in and out of the store and this lady is not one of them.

She bows as the lady snatches her bags off the counter and struts out the convenience store. Any other time she would laugh, but handling people like her has always made her anxious. She could laugh about it later. For now, she reaches in her back pocket and takes out her phone, quickly being consumed into the show again.

Eventually she has to pause the show to actually do her job, cleaning, restocking, and being a cashier. It was actually relaxing and the view of the store doors showed her just how late it was becoming. It was after sunset when she returned to watch the show. She was at the part where one of the teams was distributing parts and practicing when the doors slid open.

"Welcome in," She called out, not taking her eyes off her screen.

"Is that what I think it is?" A masculine voice asked. Hanuel jumps in surprise as the voice was closer than she thought. She looked up and was surprised to see Gunwook. She doesn't think she'd ever not be surprised when he comes in. He's just one of those guys you never get used to. She stared at him for a couple seconds, taking in what he was wearing, what he smelled like, and everything else.

"Um, what?" She asked, confused. She pushed up the paper mask she had to have on for work as a way to fidget with her hands.

"That show, you watch it a lot?" He asked again, being patient as he also pushed his own black mask up. She looked down and then back up with wide eyes. She can't believe he's bringing up the show that he's literally on with her. What is this man thinking?

"Uh yeah. My friend told me to watch it so..." She trailed off while shrugging her shoulders.

He nods, "Yeah my sister watches it on repeat so I understand."

She raises her eyebrow.

"Do you have a favorite?" He asks, putting his hands in the pocket of his black leather jacket.

Her eyes go wide at the question and her mind goes into a panic, so naturally she blurts out the first thing that comes to mind, "Ricky. I love Ricky."

He nods his head in understanding, "Yeah he always attracts the pretty ones."

The comment was said so nonchalantly she almost missed what he had said. When she did realize, her cheeks didn't even turn pink, they went immediately red. All while Gunwook's worried if what he even said made sense.

"Says you," She mumbles in response, as she leaves behind the counter to go stock some more aisles. She hears him giggle as she hurries away.

She takes deep breaths once she's out of his sight, leaning on the fridges. It really is dangerous for her to be this close to him since she always forgets to breathe or act like a normal person. It's like her body is on full alert and she just can't seem to shut her brain and reactions off. Taking a few seconds to think about it more, she realized she didn't mind feeling like this. Even with being pushed out of her comfort zone and experiencing some overwhelming emotions for the first time, she isn't scared like she'd thought she'd be. In fact, she's excited.