𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑅𝑖𝑛𝑔

"I'm boreddddd!" I said holding out the d.

"Would you shut up there's nothing to do, we're in a car." Sam said back to me.

"Fine I'll just go back to bed." I said leaving my head on the window. My head started to hurt being on the window, so I put my elbow on the console and rested my head on my hand.

"Hey I was resting my arm there!" Sam yelled at me.

"Well to fucking bad Samuel." I said laying my head back down on my hand.

"Dumbass." He muttered. "I fucking heard that bitch" I said back

"Just go back to bed." He said annoyed at me.

I rolled my eyes and closed my eyes. I could really sleep because I'm not tired but I tried. I sit back up and put my knees to my chest so my feet were on the seat. I liked over at Sam who obviously was focused on the road.

I saw his rings on his fingers and i don't know what took over me but I grabbed his hand and started messing with his rings.

"What are you doing Nadine?" He questioned me.

"I like your rings." I said in a whisper sort of embarrassed.

"Um ok I guess" he said. I was kinda surprised he did not try to tug his hand away. He just let me mess with them.

"I like this one." I said pointing at a ring that was twisted and had red diamonds on it.

Sam looked over at the ring and said "oh ya, I got that at a random store. Thought it was cool." He took his hand away and took off the ring. "You can have it."

"No no no, you paid for it I can't take it." I said kind of panicked.

"Take it Nadine, it didn't cost much. It might be a little big." He said taking the rings and placing it in my hand.

"Fine, but I still feel bad." I said putting the ring on my middle finger.

It looked good with my other rings. It was kind of big but I didn't care.

"Thanks Sam, really you didn't have to give it to me." I said.

"It's ok, it's just a ring Nadine." He said looking at me then back at the road.

I decided to text Tara and tell her what happened.

Tara💋
———

Nadine😉
TARAAA
TARAAAAAAA
HELPPPPP

Tara💋
Omg
What girl

Nadine😉
Ok so I saw Sams rings and I said I liked one and he fucking gave it to me.
BAKDHXKSPAHEBRKD
WHAT DO I DO
I SAID THANK YOU BUT LIKE OMG

Tara💋
OMGG GIRLLL
HE LIKES YOUYY
No way he would just give you his ring is he didn't

Nadine😉
WHAT NO
SAM DOESN NOT LIKE ME

Tara💋
What ever makes you sleep at night🙄

Nadine😉
Your no help🖕
Bye bye

———

I put my phone down and look out the window. I didn't know what to say or do. Sam looks over at me like he wanted to say something but he didn't.

"What's on your mind Samuel?" I asked looked back at him.

"Nothing." He said sounding unsure. Like he was thing if he would tell me or not.

I could see on his face he was hiding something. His eyes looked lost like he didn't know what to do, and his breathing was uneasy.

"Spill it Sam." I said. "I know we're not close but you can tell me."

"It's nothing Nadine, leave it alone." He said kind of mad.

I look at him confused. I turned my head forward and just sat there silently. Did I do something to make him mad? Was it the ring? I look at the ring, twirling it around my finger.

     I looked back at Sam hoping he would change his mind and tell me what's bothering him but he just keeps staring at the road. So I decided to mind my own business and try to sleep.

———
𝐴/𝑁
𝑊ℎ𝑎𝑡𝑠 𝑆𝑎𝑚𝑠 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑏𝑙𝑒𝑚?