✦ The Story Retold ✦

• Yukio's POV •

I lay my clothes flat on my bed, folding them neatly before setting them in my suitcase, stack by stack. Then after that, squeezing my books and weapons in where they could fit, zipping them up completely, then repeating the process but now in a purple suitcase of around the same size. I am preparing to start high school (and my new job) at True Cross Academy, the prestige school that is secretly home to young training exorcists. I mentally felt ready to begin this new chapter, ready to finally do what I've been training for my whole life. Though on the other hand, my stomach ached horribly. A wretched feeling made me feel scared to leave. My core feels like it's being squeezed tightly as if it's trying to tell me something. 'Anything could go wrong and I have no power to change it if I'm not present..'
As I fold and put away my last t-shirt and close up my second suitcase, setting the two of them on the ground. I hear my older twin brother, Rin walk- or well- stomp through the main door to the monastery. Slamming it with a loud groan. 'He got into another fight, didn't he..' I thought as I hastily made my way downstairs with my two suitcases in hand. I set my things down on a monetary bench and shuffle to the kitchen door. Opening the door to see my twin brother, bruised up with a slight trace of a bloody nose. He was slouched in the dining room chair, the local med-kit sat on the table, slightly ajar. Me, being the person with the most experience treating wounds out of everyone in the monetary, I order my older brother to sit up as I kneel and start cleaning and treating his semi-fresh wounds. Doing this sent me back a bit. Reminding me of the many times I patched my older twins' beaten limbs, some from fights or accidents while playing games, some even self-inflicted wounds. It was only one time that I caught him doing that. Although my gut tells me he has done it many other times before then. Maybe even after I stopped him. I never understood why he would do that to his arm. His flesh. The image of his crimson blood dripping down his left wrist, hitting the sink bowl. Contrasting to the white stone. I could feel a small sting in my eyes as tiny tears started to swell up in my eyes. Rin's monotone scoff brought me back to the present day, quickly blinked away the droplets in my eyes before anyone could see them. "It's gonna be rough without you here to clean me up.." Rin grumbled into the open air. "Hey maybe if you weren't chasing hot chicks I wouldn't have to patch you up all the time~" Rin pouts, annoyed by my warm-hearted teasing. Our father, Fujimoto walks into the room, chuckling at my comment. "You both never change." He turned to me "Ya' all packed up Yukio?" He says grinning. "Yup, just finished packing up my clothes," I say smiling warmly, wrapping the last bandage around Rin's leg. Father Fujimoto shortly chuckles and runs his fingers through my freshly cut hair, rubbing my scalp side to side, messing up my hair style. "Stay safe out there kiddo." He smiles as Rin kicks his legs off the side of the dining room chair childishly. "Yeah. Stay safe Yukio.." Rin Mutters under his breath, not wanting anyone to see his soft side. I quietly snicker and side-hug my older brother. Mumbling, "I will.. Love you Rin.." "Tch.. Love ya too four eyes.."

As I started to walk towards the overly dramatic, bright pink limo in Infront of me, which was in charge of bringing me to the school up north from my home. I really can't help but notice the horrendous sinking feeling in my core, deep within my stomach as if something were to happen with me being gone. The overdramatic feeling only grew with each step I took toward the barbie core-esk vehicle. I can't help but tear up from the numbed pain in my body. I slowly sit down on the red-ish pink leather seat. The pain finally subsided, I took a silent sigh of relief as the limo slowly drove away, locking my eyes on the beautiful stained glass window of the historical monetary. 'I'm sure gonna miss them. I love you all.. Don't miss me too much everyone..'

'I will see you all as soon as I can'

~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~

If you have any recommendations or questions just comment on them <3

(The events of episode one of the anime retold in the eyes of Yukio Okumura)