✦ His Rotten Garden ✦

• 3rd person pov •

It has been nearly a year and a half since Fujimoto's death and Rin's disappearance. Yukio and his class get an order from the headmaster, Mephisto to venture into a demon-infested house up on the affluent side of the city, and rid it of its demonic contents. They all excitedly take on the challenge and book seats on the soonest train there.

“According to the case file. The house is full of an overflow of low to middle-class demons..” Shiemi grumbles innocently to Yukio, her small legs struggling to keep up with his steady saunter. He nods in response to her report, turning away silently to look at the long stretch of pavement in front of him, separating him and Shiemi from a small group of fellow True Cross students. He continues to walk down the sidewalk with her by his side. All the other students walk ahead, at a decent distance ahead of the two. Shima and Suguro are arguing and bouncing around the path as Izumo and Konekomaru yell at them to stop their quarrel and to control themselves. They all continue this, passing by some nice Japanese-styled houses along the way. Yukio stares at the sites, and before long he stops dead in his tracks. “This is it.” He says confidently in his iconic monotone voice. He turns and starts towards the front entrance. In an instant everyone went silent and looked at the building's exterior, the house looked like it was left to rot for at least 5-10 years before their arrival. The little maintenance of the home was clear, the forest seemingly growing around and developing the lot as its own. The nice, high-end houses around it completely contrast with its brown and tan pallet and poor maintenance. “THIS THING LOOKS LIKE IT COULD COLLAPSE ANY SECOND!! WHAT THE HELL!!” Shima screams. Konekomaru grabs Shima's arm, trying to get him to shut up or at least calm down a bit. Yukio groans in annoyance before glancing back up at the house. 'He's not wrong though.. This place looks like it will crumble under our weight.. but I trust Mephisto.. at least I think I do..' Yukio slowly steps up to the front door, his class warily walking behind him. He reaches the door, staring at it for a few seconds before reaching his hand out and attempting to open the door, only to discover it's locked. "WELP!" Shima exclaimed, throwing his arms in the air as everyone turned back to look at him. "LOOKS LIKE ITS LOCKED~! GUESS WE GOTTA HEAD BACK HOME!!" He begins to walk robotically towards the street once more. Before he can step off the last porch step, Yukio bends down and swiftly pulls out a spare key under the door mat, holding it up to eye view for the other's gazes. He unlocks the door as he turns back to meet Shima's shocked gaze. "Didn't take that long, did it?" The class giggles shortly before they all head inside, gaining a huff of annoyance from Shima. The house seemed nearly empty and dusty, even some of the wallpaper was peeling off the drywall with only a few coal tars here and there, hardly an infestation like the report implied. Konekomaru, Izumo, and Suguro start to search the first floor, going as far as to get down on their hands and knees in search of anything interesting. Shiemi and Shima walk around hesitantly, just sorta shooing away the mindless coal tars and looking around for any sign of demonic activity. Yukio silently waits in the hall for any report but most of the students come back empty-handed. Yukio sighs and rubs his temples seemingly frustrated with the inactivity. Shima walks up to the crowd. “H-hey I found the attic stairs..!” he states sheepishly. Yukio's eyes lit up slightly. “Then let's search there.” Now with some kind of lead, the group follows Shima's lead to the room and starts up the stairs, letting their mentor take the lead as soon as Yukio opens the attic door there is a large bellowing thud followed by a loud, ear-splitting, demonic screech. All the other students rush up to Yukio's side, readying their weapons and preparing for any kind of attack. Once they finally stand there, they see no threat, But a frail and extremely skinny, teen male with bright blue, fluffy, matted hair with vivid red highlights within it, vibrant blue eyes, a ragged yet fluffy blue demon tail, and pointed ears that resemble elf ears. this boy was very clearly half-demon. The students lower their weapons, shock striking their faces. “I've only read books about half-human & half-demon people but.. I didn't think it was possible..” Koneko exclaimed quietly. The boy scans over the crowd of teens, seemingly trying to identify if any were some kind of threat. Before the students could even interact further with the poor boy, he curls up in a small ball, breaking down emotionally, and begins to sob hysterically into his knees.

~
~
~
~
~

Sorry, it took so long to post the next chapter, been busy IRL, ty for your patience <3