꧁ twentyone

➶➶➶➶➶

"And I'm needing you love,
I'm so deep in your love,
Hoping that don't crash,
Trying to speed to your love"

-last kiss of nebulon, tory lanes

The time was here. The time Seohyun had been prepping and waiting for the last few months. If you had asked her half a year ago if she thought she would be living this now, she would've probably laughed in your face and said no. But here we are.

Its funny how the universe works.

Thats what she kept thinking as she made sped past every car on the highway. She was currently on her way to the infamous race tract where she would putting on the show of a life time. She kept thinking back to all the moments that had led up to this current one.

It must have started off when she first met that wannabe Formula 1 driver Haechan, or rather, Donghyuck. She would never admit it to anyone but if it wasn't for him, she was sure that she wouldn't have have been able to get to where she was. This reminded her to thank him later after the race.

Ever since he made an appearance into her life, things took a crazy turn. She was almost attacked by a swarm of her boy-crazy classmates, managed to get kicked out of her house, bought a car, and is now about to participate in her dream competition.

Seohyun cracked a smile. He's really become like a good luck charm to her. Another thing she would never dare to say to him. The music from her car radio beamed over the sound of the busy highway, down towards the arena, where the blasting music was soon overcome by the sound of cheering fans. She slipped into it making sure to park her brand new black Kid Stinger in the middle of the race track next to two luxury sports cars.

"Well well, look who finally made it!" Renjun exclaimed to the group around him, who all turned towards the direction he was looking at.
"There she is! Miss Stinger in the flesh." Johnny  joked, earning a raised brow and a smile from the girl walking over.

"Low and behold, this year's 127 Drive winner!" She cheered out and the others followed, raising their drinks in hand. "Don't get to cocky yet Herbie, you still gotta win the race to claim that title" Donghyuck snickered which earned him a punch to the arm from Seohyun herself.

He took in her appearance once again like every other time she walks into a room. She was dressed in a white cropped tee, parachute pants, and a black white and red cropped leather jacket. Its the same thing she always wears to these events but they still never fail to make his breath hitch a little bit.

"Out of everyday, today is the exception to be cocky. Theres no way I can win this if I don't have this douchebag mentality. I'm sure you know all about it right?" She hit back twice as hard. The others laughed at the snarky comeback and Donghyuck just cracked a smirk. "You got me there" he shrugged and accepted defeat.

Doyeon tapped Seohyuns shoulder, catching her attention. "Hey Seo, um I don't know how to tell you this but uh.... You dad is here."

"Yeah I know." Seohyun answered, which took Doyeon by surprise. "He's finally going to see what I'm capable of." Her heart was racing, but it felt good. She felt a hand press onto her shoulder.

The loud horn rung throughout the arena, indicating all the racers to head to the center where their cars were. Seohyun took a deep breath. "Wish me luck" she smiled and started her way over.

"Herbie wait." She turned back around and was met by a staring donghyuck. He reached his hand into his pocket and pulled something out. "Here" she took it and watched him immediately walk off to the others. In her hand was a strawberry lollipop.

She cracked a smile and began walking over to the track, slipping the candy into her mouth.

BACK FROM THE DEAD🤠🙌