꧁ twelve

➶➶➶➶➶

"Can't you hear me?
I'm not comin' home"

-my future, billie eilish

"Where have you been?" Her fathers voice boomed at the girl who had just entered through the front door

"Out"

"I told you to be back home right after school."

"Well sorry pops but thats not going to happen" he looked at her with a dumbfounded expression.

"I think you're forgetting who's the parent here" he said irritated.

"And I think you forgot that im an adult already. You cant tell me what to do anymore." Seohyun had enough of it. She was not going to let him take away her freedom.

"Oh really?" He scoffed, not believing his own daughter's irrational behavior. "Alright then Seohyun."

For a moment she thought he was joking, until he spoke again.

"Since you say you're an adult, then you wont have any problem moving our and living on your own." Seohyun's eyes widened a bit, but she composed herself quickly. Her father spoke again. "You have until tonight to get everything you need"

Her jaw dropped. She couldn't believe what he was saying.

"You're kicking me out?"

"You heard me"

"Dad-"

"End of discussion. You heard what I said." He snapped. "I want you out of this house by tonight." He said finally before leaving the living room.

Seohyun was left alone in the living room without words. It took her a minute to realize that she was just kicked out of her own house.
She suddenly felt sick to her stomach. Tears began to well up in her eyes but she quickly wiped them away and took out her phone.

Dialing in the number she managed to memorize from calling it so much, she waited for the person to pick up. As the phone rung, she walked into her room and closed the door behind her.

"Seo? Whats up?"

"Hey yeon uh-" she paused nervously. "Is it ok if i crash at your place...for a while?"

"Sure hyun, you're always welcome, but aren't you grounded?"

"See about that" she breathed out. "You know what? I'll explain to you when I get there. See you in a bit." Seohyun finished and ended the call.

Grabbing her duffle bag, she stuffed a few outfits and shoes into it. All of it would probably last her a week but she hoped by that point she would already have found a job.

After grabbing a few other necessities, She left the house without another word.

...

"So what happened?" Doyeon asked her best friend who had looked like she was crying, which was exactly the case. Seohyun hesitated.

"I got kicked out."

"What?!" The girl's eyes widened. "Hyun how?"

"I really don't know, I got home later than when i was supposed to and my dad kicked me out."

"Oh my god hyun" Doyeon brought her friend into a hug. "You can stay here as long as you want ok? Let me go tell my mom-"

"NO- dont tell her why im staying. After I find a job and save up for a bit, i'll try looking for an apartment."

"Thats bullshit Seohyun. Dont feel bad, its literally just me and my mom, one more person wont bother us. Plus she loves you like a daughter so don't worry." Doyeon reassured her, but that didn't help Seohyun's guilt.

" Doyeon reassured her, but that didn't help Seohyun's guilt

This chapter is super short💀