꧁ eight

➶➶➶➶➶

"If I meet you in the middle maybe we could agree"

-the beach, the neighborhood

Seohyun reluctantly handed the boy the keys to her motorcycle

Seohyun reluctantly handed the boy the keys to her motorcycle. She was always not in favor of the idea of someone else driving her bike but in this circumstance she didn't have much of a choice.

Donghyuck took the keys and turned on the bike after sitting down on the seat. Hesitantly, Seohyun sat behind him and slid her arms around his waist to hold on.

"You're so tense" the boy commented with a snicker. "Chill I don't bite."

"I do though. Don't crash my bike or else Im suing you"

"Kinky" he smirked and drove off.

The drive was mostly silent. All they could hear is the sound of the engine roaring. Darkness had enveloped the sky hours before and the sky was littered with stars.

"Yo Herbie, where do you live?" Donghyuck asked causing Seohyun to snap out of her daze.

"I don't wanna go home yet" she responded. The thought of heading back to her own house made her cringe. Her father didn't know she had left Doyeon's house and believes shes studying with her. Who knows what kind of punishment would be waiting for her if she showed up to her house tipsy, and on top of that with some random guy she barely knows.

"Isn't that the best option though?" Donghyuck asked, a bit confused.

"My dad thinks im a Doyeon's house studying."

He didn't respond but instead just mouthed an 'o'. "So where do you wanna go?"

Seohyun pondered, wondering if she should reveal her secret spot on the cliff she always went to whenever she was overwhelmed. But her insides were urging to forget about trying to hide it and to just go. She directed Donghyuck in the direction of the spot.

He became curious when they pulled into a secluded area away from the city. He didn't asked anything, and just followed Seohyun who walked over to the edge of the cliff.

There was a silence between them, and neither of them knew if it was awkward or comfortable. Seohyun personally didn't care about the awkward tension as her mind was being clouded with other things.

She felt of sense of disgust towards herself as the scene from earlier replayed in her mind. How could she allow herself to break down in front of him like that. How was he able to tear down her walls and leave her utterly vulnerable.

The overwhelming thoughts flooding her mind were taking over and she could feel tears beginning to prick at her eyes. Donghyuck was quiet the entire time, letting the girl just do what she felt was needed to be done and waited until she was ready to head back.

She suddenly felt guilty for bringing him along with her, thinking he would much rather be enjoying himself at the party instead of babysitting her.

"Sorry for dragging you along" she spoke quietly, using the sleeve of her leather jacket to wipe away any tears threatening to fall down.

"Its ok."

"No its not, you should be back at that party enjoying yourself. Not watching over me like a little kid."

"That party was boring anyways."

Seohyun turned her head to look at him. He was staring at the city under them, looking at the buildings and roads that decorated his sight.

"Sorry about my ex too." She said with a sigh. Donghyuck was silent for a moment, feeing that he understood her conflict.

"We all got crazy exes right" he shrugged and turned to meet eyes with her. Seohyun let out a soft laugh and turned her head back towards the city.

"I cant believe I let him control me like that. That shits embarrassing" she let her head fall into hands in shame.

"Don't beat yourself up for it. Its pointless."
"You gotta learn to forgive and forget. Dwelling on dumb things like that is useless and doesn't get you anywhere."

He was right.

Maybe she was taking this to seriously.

"I guess you're right"

"Of course I am"

She scoffed and pushed his shoulder slightly. Her lips broke into a small smile.

"Come on, im better now" she stood up and he did the same. "Yeah because of me"

"Don't flatter yourself too much boy"

"I still didn't hear my thank you yet."

Seohyun rolled her eyes. "Fine"
"Thank you HaEcHAn" she said emphasizing on his name dramatically. Donghyuck smiled and triumphantly and the two sat back on the bike the same way they did last time.

"By the way" he said right before turning on the engine. "You can call me Donghyuck."

"Donghyuck?"

"Thats my real name"

Seohyun let out an 'oh' remembering the conversation she had with mark a few weeks ago when she first met donghyuck that one night.

And with that donghyuck drove them both back to the city.

Character developement🙈👀