PROLOGUE

Prologue

Tell me a story.

Huh

Tell me a story.

Hmm. You are joking right.

No I am not.  

I don’t know how to tell a story.

Don’t lie.

I am not lying.

Okay tell me your favourite story.

Ours.

Now you are lying again.

“This conversation that we had right now, what was that!” Ram asked looking at  Priya.

“Do you think we had a story?” Priya asked while she looked at the vast expanse of the Arabian Sea.

“Why are you using past tense? Do you think we don’t have a story?” He asked, this time drawing her closer.

“We never had one.” She slipped back to her place. “Those who love never run away.”

He looked down. The waves crashed one after another on the shore. They really never stop rotting, loosing their ground but some rocks stand tall, hard and determined not be destroyed and some just give up and went back in the ocean with the waves. But each rock has a story to tell of their own, of their fight, of their escapism.

“I didn’t want to..” Ram couldn’t find the right word in his defense.

“I never asked for an explanation.” Priya smiled looking at him. “Even after what happened in past, you are still my favorite human and I will never ask for an explanation from you.” She tried to look at his face. But, he denied looking at her. “Never.” She pulled his face up with both her hands. “Never will I ask for an explanation.” she said again this time with a smile on her lips.

“Can you forgive me then?” He asked with tears in his eye. “Will you ever?”

“You have done nothing wrong to be forgiven!” Priya sits straight this time.

“I have. If I had not left that would have not happened.” Ram moved his hands through his hairs. “I could have protected you.”

“Thank you for not protecting me.” She happily declared, “Had you saved me, this Priya would have never happened. So, the credit goes to you Mr. Ram Kapoor.”

“I have broken you. He might have traumatized you but I have broken you in pieces inside out.” He said, this time looking into her deep eyes.

Priya returned the response with a smile, ear to ear. “I am happy that my favourite human did that to me. Not anyone else.”

A lone tear drop fell on the crashing waves underneath from Ram’s eyes.

Until We Meet

NB