Chapter 4

Dear Readers,

Before you start reading this chapter, I have two points to share about the story,

First, this story is a romantic thriller.
Second , from next part onwards this story will be told in first person POVs.

Reason will be clear on the later part of this update.

Chapter 4

Ram, Vikram, Priya, and Neha sat in solemn silence at the Dhaba, their gazes fixed on nothing in particular. The news of Rajat, Aditya, and Ritwick's expulsion hit them hard, especially the girls. The Dean's announcement left them in shock. Priya struggled to maintain her composure upon hearing the news, sensing the eyes on her. She vividly remembered how she almost fled back to her room. She desired to distance herself from Rajat, but not in this manner.

"It's all my fault," Priya confessed, catching her three companions off guard.

"What are you saying? Are you out of your mind?" Vikram protested.

"I should have never accepted his proposal. None of this would have happened then," she attempted to rationalize her statement.

"Priya, do you truly believe that if you had said no, he would have just walked away? He would have kept pursuing you and pressing you into saying yes. That's the kind of person he is," Ram interjected. He moved closer to the table, placing a comforting hand on Priya's. She looked up, tears welled in her eyes, her face burdened with guilt. Ram continued, "You don't need to blame yourself. He got what he deserved. It was his karma." He gently squeezed her hand, offering reassurance.

"But.." Priya tried to speak only to be intervened by Ram again.

"Excuse us, please," Ram declared, rising from his seat. He gently persuaded Priya to abandon her chair and led her away. Their destination was a secluded haven of tranquility, a small lake encircled by a cluster of swaying palm trees. Such pristine spots remained scarce in the vicinity of the bustling city.

Ram came to a halt upon arrival, where a refreshing and invigorating breeze greeted their faces. They stood together in complete silence for the next several minutes, their hands intertwined. Emerging from his reverie, Ram slowly turned toward Priya and softly spoke her name. She resolutely avoided meeting his gaze, but her tears betrayed her, trickling down her cheeks.

"Priya," he called her name with deep affection, gently turning her toward him. With tender care, he cradled her face in his hands, coaxing her to meet his gaze. She steadfastly resisted, refusing to look at him. When all his entreaties proved futile, Ram, without a moment's hesitation, pressed his lips softly against hers. Priya, for the briefest moment, was taken aback by his boldness, but her hesitation swiftly dissolved under the spell of his mesmerizing touch.

Each of Ram's gentle kiss against Priya's lips felt like a warm reassurance, a soothing touch to her tumultuous heart. His hands traced the contour of her nape, while his forehead tenderly meet hers. In that hushed moment of intimacy their unspoken emotions weaved their heart in an unwavering bond that held their heart captive to each other's soul.

"Don't hold yourself guilty for someone else's sins, Priya." He tried to calm her heart with assuring words, which are also the truth. Ram felt soft touch of her hand around his waist. He took it as her tacit permission and closed the gap between them before taking her into gentle yet firm embrace. His strong hands enveloping around her petite figure made a sanctuary of reassurance where all her doubts and fears found solace and her racing heart discovered the refuge.