Anti Hero ~ Carlos

This weekend was the Austrian GP and it was a pretty good weekend for us. Charles lucky ended up on the Podium for P2. I was close to the champagne but thanks to a shit pitstop at lap 34 I dropped a few places and crossed the line as P4. I'm not gonna lie it pisses me off like hell. One thing I hate besides wrong carbonara is losing. It could be a double podium for us and a good position for me in the driver championship. It wouldn't hurt the constructor championship too. After the race I straight walking to the media. I hate the media so I wanna get over it as fast as possible. I don't even watched the podium. It would make me more angrier. It is a long line in front of me. All the other drivers also wanna get it fast over it.

Finally I am next. It is a cute good looking woman that is going to interview me. My PR assistant Lena is standing next to me in a Ferrari jacket grinning because of the look I just gave the woman. What can I say it was a long time ago I had a girlfriend. Luckily we never hated each other after the break up. We stayed friends but be both drifted apart. The lady is asking me the usual questions.

„Are you happy with the result? What are you focusing on now? Are you jealous of your teammate? Did you already speak to your team? What do you think can the team do better next race?" I am getting sick of this question but it's part of the job. While she is asking me those questions I noticed a loud crowd. Fans are running and screaming. It catches my attention. I see Charles walking to the media area after the podium. Next to him was ... it was y/n. Charles grab her neck and kisses her. All the camera people are on them.

„ Mr. Sainz?" the ladys snapping hands catches my attention back to the interview. I blink a few times and my eyes are now at her again.
„I am sorry! What was your question?" I apologize to her and Lena is not impressed by my work here. I try to concentrate at her question but my eyes sometimes drifting to y/n and Charles. Idk why am I so attached by their relationship. Maybe it was time for me to get a girlfriend.

Y/n avoided me the whole weekend. I spoke to her on Friday for a second but I made her feel really uncomfortable. Which was not my intention at all. I like y/n but not like this more like „hey your a cool person to hang out with".

After the shit media stuff I make my way to the Ferrari motorhome. On the way a few fans stopped me for a picture. I love my fans I really do but when I am not in a good mood I can be a really ass. I don't want my fans to travel around the world just to see me and I am a bastard to them. I walk the stairs up up to my driver room. It is on the back of the floor so I walk pass all the other rooms. I see Charles door open and when I walk to it Charles is sitting at his couch.

„Hey mate!" Charles waves me in to sit next to him. I join him and let myself down.
„Hi congrats!" we clap our hands.
„Thanks! It is fucked up about your pitstop. It could be a good day for us with a double podium." Charles says to me in a calm way.
„Yeah you can say that out loud. At least some points. But RedBull is on our ass" we laugh through the pain. The last few races went not that good for me and Charles. RedBull is stronger than last year with Max. Max is a beast in this car. Our strategy's are horrible and I have no idea what is going on right now with the team. The team gives Charles the best strategy's no matter if I am in front of him or not. Charles is the first driver on the team. They always say that they don't have a first driver but deep down they have. I don't blame Charles. It's not his fault. I love this team it is a big pleasure driving for Ferrari but Charles is the heart of this team. He loves Ferrari from the bottom of his heart. The tifusi fans are crazy about him. They like me too but they wanna see Charles win not me. Taylor Swift would say I'm the anti-hero.

„Hey babe do you have a minute? Outside is a cute little boy who wants a picture with you." at the door stands y/n in her Charles Leclerc Ferrari shirt.
We look up at her at the same time. She didn't saw me at the beginning but as soon as I moved my head she saw me.

„Oh hi Carlos" she looks for quick moment at me but her face is going back to her boyfriends face. I get it. I was stupid on Friday to her but a little more passion to say hello to me would be great.

„Yeah just give me a minute I will be right there." Charles smiles at her and y/n went off.

„I see everything is good between you two again." Idk why I just said that. Sometimes I should be more thinking before saying something.
He looks at me confused „What do you mean? It was always good between us! Did she said anything?"
Well now you in the shit Carlos. „Uhm no no" I shake my head.
„Okay whatever. I need to go now. Good talk with you" Charles stands up and pats my shoulders. I follow him out of his room and make my way to my room. I changed in my normal clothes. On the way to my car I see Charles with the boy. Y/n is a few meter away from him with a cute smile. It's cute to see them like this. I walk over to her.
„You want kids?" I am standing now next to her. She jumps. „Jesus Carlos you scared the shit out of me!" she swears. „Sorry! But he would be a good father." Charles is so good with kids and he told me that he wants three children. I love children too. I play with my nephew football some times and it's the cutes thing ever. She goes quite. After good 15 seconds she says „ Idk I..I never thought about it!" My stupid ass made her feel awkward again. It's the best thing to leave now before she never talks to me again.
„Yeah Whatever. See you next race weekend" I walk away.