5th Story - Ophelia

"Ufufu~!"

"Get out. How many times do I have to tell you that this storage room has been reserved exclusively for the literature club?"

"Ufufufufufu! Not anymore, Lady Eleanor! Not! Anymore!" I declared smugly as I wiggled my fabulous bean-shaped eyebrows in a deliberate attempt to provoke the noblewoman who dared engage in a verbal sparring match against me, the great and powerful Lady Ophelia Isla di Laetinn.

Eleanor frowned, her slender brows drawing together in a frown. "...What do you mean by that?"

"Oh... I don't know," I smirked. "Perhaps my illustrious club, the Academy Mysteries Bureau, was officially approved by the Round Table!"

"Impossible," Eleanor snorted derisively. "No one would approve such a useless cl—"

With one swift motion, I thrust a piece of glossy parchment in front of my opponent's face as if I were dealing the final blow against an evil dragon. Her eyes widened in shock and horror as she gazed upon the letters written there, causing me to laugh arrogantly at her well-deserved misery.

"Well?" I wiggled my magnificent bean eyebrows once more. "What do you have to say to this, Lady Eleanor?"

"T-This can't be...!" Eleanor gasped, stumbling back as she shook her head in disbelief. "How!? How did you...!?"

"How did I obtain the Round Table's approval?" I smirked, hopping on top of the table next to us as I stared down at her imperiously. "Did you really think that such a simple task was beyond my reach? Beyond the reach of the great me, Lady Ophelia Isla di Laetinn? Tremble before my presence, and prostrate yourself in awe, for I am the one who calls the thunder and summons the rain!"

Eleanor backed away, raising an arm in a futile attempt to ward off my radiance. "N-No! I refuse to believe it! T-There's no way I can be defeated by the likes of you, Lady Ophelia!"

"Wahaha! Grovel beneath me and wallow in your impotence, Lady Eleanor! For that is the place you have earned, and that is where you shall remain for the rest of your—"

"Ophelia."

I stopped mid-sentence, turning to the direction where the voice came from.

Unbeknownst to Eleanor or myself, the door had been opened several seconds ago. Standing in the doorway was a woman with long lavender hair and soft gray eyes. She bore a striking figure and possessed a sort of natural charm that was impossible to ignore, but she was still woefully beyond me in terms of beauty, of course.

Despite that, she alone was the only existence that I feared. Indeed, she was a woman so great that even I, the greatest noblewoman in all of the empire's history, couldn't contend against.

Lady Luna Endelyon di Irisilia.

The very mention of her name struck fear in my heart, for she was the most powerful creature to ever grace this world. Though I may be great enough to strike down even a dragon, Lady Luna was someone who resided on the level of a goddess.

I didn't know why, but for some reason, I just couldn't resist her charm. I mean, we both liked the same things and we'd both wanted to start this club, but that wasn't why I was so inexplicably attracted to her.

Perhaps it was the way she treated me so callously and ordered me around without a second thought, though. As the daughter of a marquis, only the children of the ducal families stood above me, so there were few who actually dared to oppose me.

Despite that, Lady Luna, whose father was only a mere baron, never hesitated to command me. I couldn't understand it, but I simply felt compelled to follow her every word. The act of pleasing her gave me pleasure in turn, almost as if I had been bewitched by a spell.