10th Story - Brigitte

"It was just like any other morning. I woke up when the sun rose, stretched, and hopped out of bed to get ready for the busy day ahead.

However, on this particular morning, I noticed something very strange.

Instead of being greeted by the countless pieces of ornate furniture and the beautiful sight of the morning sun when I arose, I instead found myself staring at a translucent blue rectangle that hovered in the air.

'W-What...?' I frowned and pinched my cheeks, thinking that I must've still been dreaming. Nope. Not dreaming.

I turned my head to the side, hoping that the rectangle would disappear, but it followed my vision instead.

This strange phenomenon was worrying, but I couldn't really say that I wasn't interested.

Words and numbers were littered all over the rectangle, and as I began to peer closer, a new, smaller rectangle suddenly popped up, displaying the following words:

[Welcome to your Dreamy Knight System. Would you like to experience the tutorial?]

Right underneath that smaller rectangle were the words 'Yes' and 'No'.

Of course, I wanted to know all about what this so-called 'Dreamy Knight System' was, so I tapped my finger on 'Yes.'

Suddenly, a disembodied voice echoed in my head, startling me quite a bit.

'Host confirmed and registered. Welcome to your Dreamy Knight System where you can make all your steamy dreams about your dreamy knights come true.'

'W-What!? Who's there!?' I looked around, but saw no one else in the room.

At that moment, a sudden knock echoed from the door.

'I'm coming in, princess.' It was my head maid, Zenaida.

She had taken care of me ever since I was a child, so we were pretty close to one another.

She was almost like a second mother to me.

'W-Wait!' I scrambled to hide the strange rectangles that were still floating in front of me, but my hands just phased through them no matter what I tried to do.

Not only that, but I couldn't even move in front of them because they moved when I did, maintaining a constant distance in front of me.

The door swung open as I scrambled around hopelessly in a disheveled state, causing Zenaida to stare at me with a look of surprise before hastily closing the door behind herself.

'Your Imperial Highness, just what are you doing so early in the morning!?'

'T-This isn't what it looks like, Zenaida! I'm not a witch!' I had to explain the blue rectangles before she got any funny ideas.

'...A witch?' Zenaida frowned. 'Why would I ever think that? Come now, let us get you tidied up and dressed.'

H-Huh...!? Could it be that she can't see the rectangles!? The only way to know for certain was to test it out.

I let Zenaida approach me and fix my hair as I looked at the blue rectangles.

A new rectangle had popped up in front of me and was displaying what looked to be a list of tasks.

Before I began reading them though, I craned my head slightly backward to look at Zenaida.

'Um... Do you notice anything different about me today, Zenaida?'