What if I told you I like you...

I was left behind at the institute. But I didn't mind. However, the silence was deafening, and the supposed peacefulness was chilling.

My mind was running, and I couldn't keep up with any of my continuous and overwhelming thoughts.

It was when I heard an irritating tapping sound that I suddenly felt unsettled. It got louder. Rap. Tap. Tap.
TAP. TAP. TAP. BANG.

The door imploded, and a scorpion looking thing oozing an acidic green substance, meticulously scuttled towards me. Predatory movements, with intent on taking me out.

"Valentine's abomination. Freak of nature. The scum of the shadow world. Half demonic, half angelic, part mundane. Sister of the greatly evil Jonathan Morgenstern", the thing hissed.

"I'll make your death quick and painful. The crunch of your bones. Yes. Yes. Yes. The snap of your spine. That delicious flesh trapped behind that skeleton cage", it hissed.

Pounding footsteps. A screech. The creatures folded in on itself. Alec still held up his bow, in case the thing came back to life.

Who the fuck was Valentine? What was his problem? Why did he send some crazy ass creature to kill me?

"Aren't you supposed to be with Clary and Jace?", I asked curiously.

"Yeah, well I left. It was too much... Jace... Clary... she...", he started.

My whole entire life was a struggle, and as if being thrust into this new, dangerous and mystical world wasn't enough... this boy was confusing, and intriguing.

"What's the matter Al?", I asked, holding his hands gently.

"I'm not one to get offended easily... I bottle things up and stuff. Clary... she was quite, I don't know, adamant that there was something going on between Jace and I. She called me a backstabbing two timing douche, for playing with your feelings...", he started.

That was surprising. My twin cared about someone other than herself. Shocker...

"That's crazy. I know how I feel. I like you. You know how you feel. More importantly whatever is between us, has nothing to do with anyone. If I felt you were double crossing me, or whatever, we wouldn't be having this conversation", I explained.

I shakily moved my hands to hold his face gently. I was trying. But this was a start.

He leaned in and then gently kissed my forehead.

"Wanna explain what the fuck happened?", he asked.

"Oh, I dunno. I wanted to go have a shower, than the door to your room collapses and some freaky creature calls me an abomination, and mumbled something about someone called Valentine", I explained.

Alec suddenly looked panicked. He pulled out of my embrace, and paced the floor in confusion and frustration.

He pulled so hard at his hair, I thought it would all fall out then and there. A bald Alec would still look hot.

"What's the issue?", I questioned.

"Valentine is the fucking evilest piece of shit that exists in the shadow world. A shadowhunter gone crazy, and rogue, killing thousands of innocents. He died in a fire years ago, and this is the second time I've heard his name today", he said seriously.