Didn't we have fun

Everything is not what it seems.

Everything was a whole lot worse than we had assumed.

Valentine had stolen the mortal cup, from Clary during a rogue mission she had went on to retrieve it; behind our backs. Jace was too weak to prevent anything.

We were fucked, and this was all because of Clary's irrational ass.

Alec and I, well... we were on a mission to stop this entire thing from happening. Our relationship however, was on the rocks. Thin ice. Close to finito.

"Keep up, Temp!",he yelled.

I rolled my eyes, and flipped my unruly red mop behind me.

"Over here", Alec called out, running away.

I had to brace myself before following him.

He had brought us to a fire exit door of a creepy abandoned hospital. No thanks.

The rusty door screeched, and as soon as we entered the glamour shattered. We were met with what looked like a sacrificial altar, or maybe I was being dramatic, or the latter.

A rusty, oversized Oakwood table with ancient carvings that emanated darkness and overwhelming power. It was thrilling.

"Shit! Fuck!", I heard Alec yell from the distance.

I ran towards him, and noticed an unfamiliar face, lying down, covered in blood. Shallowly breathing.

"Alec, who is that...", I asked hesitantly. Heavy emphasis on hesitantly.

He looked pale, his usual olive skin a sickly yellow.

"That's... that's... my father... unless... fuck!! That alert from the institute!", he yelled, pulling at his hair; almost pulling his hair out. Ouch.

"Alec, it will be alright. Is there a healing tune or something?", I asked.

"I've tried! It's not fucking working! Fuck... why do I feel dizzy...", he said, before fainting.

Suddenly the supposed body fades. Of course it was a fucking trick. It's Valentine we're talking about...

Smoke surrounded us...

I had enough of being weak, defenceless.

Suddenly I felt a overwhelming surge of energy and the next thing you know, me and Alec were shielded.

Seconds had passed; then minutes. Alec woke up, coughing weakly.

What the hell?

"Alec...", I said.

"The air, it's gas. It's a trap", Alec mumbled.

I nodded.

"What rune did you use?", he asked.

"It's not a rune", I said, panicky.

"What do we do?", I asked.

"We pray to the angels, that someone finds us", he said.

We were safe, for now. But a shield could only last for so long.