I found

Fighting is not complicated at all. It's the easiest thing you can do. But it's what you fight that counts. Your 'big bad' can come in many shapes and forms.

My big bad, is the thing that keeps me sane at night. Alec freaking Lightwood, also known as the mother hen around the institute.

He has been overly protective recently, especially over me.

"You alright Temp?", he asked for the thousandth time.

I nodded.

"Are you sure? Where were you earlier? I don't want to overstep but I've been thinking we should move into the same room", he blurted out.

I was startled. I'm known to be very passionate and expressive, so you could only imagine what that looked like.

"Or not...", he continued.

"What's this about, Al?", I questioned.

He sighed, and raked his slender fingers through his overgrown raven hair.

"I guess because everything has blown up in my face, I can't even imagine what I'd do if another person I loved got caught in the ugly of this dark, gloomy world", he complained.

I was shaking. He didn't just say...

"Clary's in danger!", yelled a dishevelled Jace. His golden hair plastered to his forehead in a rather sickly manner. His skin pale, and his look withdrawn and distant, and his hands trembling in fear or withdrawal.

"Have you gone mad? You can't just burst into my room asshole!", I yelled.

Taking out my anger out on Jace was rather riveting and honestly, freeing. He was the perfect punch bag. Maybe I should punch him to.

"What do you mean by danger?", Alec asked the all important question that I didn't give a shit about right now.

My estranged sibling tied herself to a drug addict, and took his side over mine. She was as good as dead to me.

"I mean we had an argument. She wanted to scout out her old apartment and I told her it's too dangerous. It's probably infested with forsaken", he blurted, his words half slurred.

"You look like shit", I said, stating the obvious.

Alec glared at me and I smirked in return.

"Temp, behave", he warned.

"I don't take orders from you, Lightwood", I said.

"We will see about that later", he said whilst smirking.

"You're staying behind with Jace", he said, finality in his tone. No room for argument.

You know, sometimes it's easier to love living a lie, because it's less lonely. Sometimes I wish I could learn to just embrace the moment. Cease the day. Putting myself into danger is ceasing the day, no?

So I follow him into goodness knows what. My batshit sister was even more crazy than I'd anticipated. Who willing throws themselves into something g dangerous? That's exactly what I'm doing right? Ooff the double standards are astronomical.

Maybe we have more in common than I thought.

I trek down the cold pavement, breathing in the very sharp, cold air, practically shivering from the New York winter, because I'm extremely cold.

I somehow manage to follow him without being caught. I walk up the same steps, and go through the narrow corridors. I hear screaming. Crying. Yelling.

"What do you mean the vampires kidnapped you, and have taken Clary!", Alec yelled.

"Oh, calm down, brother", shit it couldn't be who I think it is.

I slowly open the door...

"Isabelle right?", I ask.

"The one and only", she says.

"We're all fucked", she says.

I- what did she mean?

"The downworlders have revolted. It's time to batten down the hatches, because Valentine is the least of our problems", she explained.

Fuck.