Bigger fish to fry

Being in an unfamiliar place is weird.

You are forced to adjust to the overwhelming nature of everything.

You know, being thrown into something with zero control is beyond overwhelming. It's daunting and terrifying.

Throw in the fact that your morals are constantly tested. I have learned that a weak and feeble minded person losses themselves to the mess of it all. Unfortunately I had to just hear Jace out.

"What's 'yin fen', is it like weed or something?", I asked naively, as usual.

"It's like the crack of the shadow world, and it can kill you. Temp, if the clave found out, I'd be as good as dead", he explained.

Great. I was thrust into another dilemma, and issue that I wanted no absolute part in.

"So, you're basically an addict. And you're essentially already dying, and you're asking me to what... lie? Defend you? For goodness sake! Seriously Jace. Just amazing. My sister hooking up with an addict high on like demon blood or something....", I ranted.

Jace looked feral, like he was barely in control.

"You're not going anywhere near her, till you're clean. Do you hear me?", I questioned.

"Not happening", he said simply.

"Than I wouldn't mind blurting to Hodge about you and your substance abuse", I said.

"You wouldn't dare...", he said, his voice breaking.

"Just watch me. I don't care about a lot, but I care about doing the best thing in the best possible way, so boot out of Clary's life, whilst you snort your life away", I said.

"Tell them", he said.

He had backed me into a corner and called my bluff. I couldn't tell Alec, I wouldn't and Jace knew that.

He was even more despicable than I'd previously assumed, and clearly I had lapses in my judgment.

"Fuck off!", I yelled, marching off, and noticing a pale Alec in the hallway.

"Did you hear all of it?", I questioned.

He solemnly nodded, and looked a mix between disappointed and frightened.

He wouldn't meet my eyes. He looked as if he were drowning. Drowning and mourning something that could have been.

"Alec...", I started.

"Were you planning on telling me?", he questioned.

Clary suddenly burst through the doors, and charged into the medical ward, where her crippled drug abusing perfect Prince Charming awaited for her return. Pathetic.

"No", I answered honestly.

"You... it's not your fault Temp", he said.

I was taken aback.

"I should have noticed...", he started, before grabbing my face and kissing me.

I suddenly pulled away.

"Alec. Don't you dare blame yourself for that selfish prick's actions", I said, before leaning in for another kiss.

We had bigger fish to fry.