picture album

As the two took off their shoes, Sunoo took Niki's hand again, bringing him to what seemed to be the living room as his dad was sitting watching the news. His dad put down his coffee, looking up to see the two boys.

"Sunoo!" A smile made its way onto his dad's face as he got up to walk towards the two to give Sunoo a big hug. Sunoo did freeze up for a second when he got hugged, but slowly relaxed giving his dad a firm hug back. "Hi dad."

"It's nice to see you, it's been so long." His dad gave him a firm pat on the back while Sunoo's mouth was kept in a tight smile. "Yup."

His dad's face lit up in remembrance as he turned his head towards the kitchen. "Honey! Sunoo is here!"

A couple seconds passed before a beautiful middle aged lady walked out of the kitchen, making her way towards them. Sunoo stood up straighter as he gave a small smile. "Hi mom." She gave her son a once over, finalizing it with a curt nod in acknowledgement. Niki saw Sunoo's shoulders slightly sag at the interaction as he took a step away from his mother.

Niki could sense the forming tension so he thought this would be the best time to introduce himself. He took a slight step forward, giving both of Sunoo's parents a bow. "Hello, I'm Nishimura Riki, Sunoo's boyfriend. You can call me Niki." His dad doesn't waste a second in embracing Niki like he did with Sunoo. "Hello Niki, I'm glad our Sunoo felt comfortable bringing you to this event, I'm sure we will get along nicely." As the dad gave him a last smile, his gaze made its way over to Sunoo's mother, who was very intently staring, (glaring was definitely a better depiction), at Niki.

He was unsure if he was supposed to say anything so he just stood there with his hands folded in front of him and a nervous smile on his face. She eventually let out a harsh sigh, folding her arms. "Sunoo take him upstairs, we will call you when dinner is ready." Without a second glance she spun on her heels, making her way to the kitchen. His dad gave them both a quick apologetic smile before following his wife.

Once they were both out of sight, Niki turned around to look at Sunoo stunned. "What the..."

Sunoo laughed. "Fuck? What the fuck? Yeah, I told you we were a mess... anyway I'll bring you upstairs to my room, follow me." Niki wordlessly followed Sunoo up the stairs with both of their suitcases, still rendered speechless.

Once the two walked into the room, Niki was rendered speechless. The walls were filled with posters and pictures of his friends, actors, artists, pretty much anyone you could imagine. His desk was filled with random things he collected over the years while the top of his dresser was filled with what Niki assumed were all his vocal trophies.

As Niki was walking around admiring everything, he heard a chuckle and a weight hit the bed. "Wow, I can't believe they left everything the exact same." Sunoo was lying on his bed with his back against the headboard. "I was convinced they were going to turn this room into an office as soon as I left for school."

Sunoo was glancing around until he heard Niki giggle. When he turned his head to see what he was laughing at, his spot from the bed was quickly abandoned. "Don't look at those!" Sunoo tried to take the photo album out of his hand, but Niki was too quick to move it out of his reach. "Absolutely not, these photos are gold. Who knew you were such a cute child?"

Sunoo groaned as Niki kept flipping through the photobook of all his old singing competition pictures. There were pictures of him as young as 3 to just before he left for university. "All those pictures are so old and embarrassing, now I know why my parents never willingly bought them."

"If they never willingly bought them, why do you have them?" Niki still hadn't raised his head from the book, a permanent smile etched onto his face.

"My older brother always convinced them too. I asked him why he did it a while ago and he said 'it was important to remember your roots.' That was definitely a bullshit excuse just so he could have my embarassing 7 year old rap pictures."

The two chatted for a little while before a call was heard from the dining room downstairs. They made their way to the dining table, both of them sitting across from Sunoos parents.

Once everyone was settled and eating their food, the silence was deafening. Sunoo always hated silence so he decided to bite the bullet and try to start a conversation. "Where's Won? I thought he was supposed to be here with his boyfriend?"

His dad swallowed the food in his mouth before looking up at Sunoo. "His boyfriend, who is very sweet by the way, had something important come up so they'll be here tomorrow morning." Sunoo nodded in understanding. "Does his boyfriend live on campus or at his-"

"Niki, what do you do for a living?"

—————

guys I pierced the third hole on my ears and it wasn't bad at all

I also went to a tattoo shop to get my helix and conch pierced omg my ear still burns