vulnerable

Niki was confused. He'd just gotten out of the shower with no Sunoo in sight. He swore that Sunoo was lying in his bed before his shower.

He waited for a little, assuming he went to go get water. Wrong.

Admittedly he started to get worried, opting to call him. Sunoo didn't answer and it only freaked Niki out more.

After whieghing out his options, he decided to go knock on Jungwon's door. If anyone knew where Sunoo went it would be his brother.

knock knock knock

A faint come in was heard from the other side of the door so Niki hesitantly opens it, standing in the doorway.

Jay looked up from his space on Jungwon's bed, a smile gracing his face. "Wow, finally coming to visit your brother, how sweet."

Niki immediately shook his head making Jay frown. "I'm actually here to see Jungwon hyung."

The sink from the bathroom turned off, Niki assumed he was brushing his teeth, and Jungwon waltzed out. "Yes?"

Jungwon wasn't as intimidating as before. It seemed like he let his guard down after knowing Niki was serious about his brother. It was also hard to find someone in dinosaur pajama pants scary.

"I can't find Sunoo. He's not answering my calls or texts and it's starting to worry me." Anyone could see the distressed look on Niki's face.

"Oh." Oh? That's all Jungwon had to say? Shouldn't he be more worried about the whereabouts of his brother? "He's at the park."

Niki's eyebrows furrowed, how was he sure he was there? "The park?"

Jungwon simply nodded, writing down an address. "We used to— actually, I'll let him tell you about it. It's personal and he should tell what he wants to tell."

Jungwon was being confusing but Niki didn't ask, opting to go and find Sunoo.

Thankfully the park was only a ten minute walk.

Niki walked around the park, only to see a boy sitting under a big tree with his eyes closed.

He walked closer, draping a sweater over Sunoo's shoulders. The sweet action caused Sunoo to look to the man now sitting beside him. "How'd you find me?"

The younger snorted, slightly odd question to ask first. "Jungwon hyung told me where you were."

"Of course he did." That was muttered under Sunoo's breath. "Why'd you come here?"

"You disappeared, I wanted to find you." Niki decided to keep the fact that he was really worried to himself. "And shouldn't I be asking you that question? Why are you here?"

Sunoo gave a simple, quiet answer. "I can relax here." As much as being cuddled up to Niki calms him down, he can't help but feel suffocated in that house. "This park, it's always been an important place for us, me and my brothers."

They had found the place while playing outside one day and had claimed this big tree their spot. It was in the shade, overlooking the water and the skylines behind it. "Our parents have always been... overbearing. But in different ways for all of us. We all knew if we couldn't find each other we'd be here."

It seemed like Sunoo never went too in depth about his family situation. He usually just mentioned how bad they were and that was that.

Niki couldn't lie and say he wasn't curious. Even though Sunoo tried to cover it up, he always had a faraway look in his eyes when talking about his parents, even if it was simply one sentence. Niki hated to see him like that but he didn't push.

"Soobin actually proposed here." Sunoo almost cried at the proposal story. It absolutely melted his heart. "He probably recognized the significance of the place and it made the proposal even more special."

Sunoo has always placed value and meaning in different places in his life. This park, for example, was considered a safe haven for him. He found comfort and calmness by sitting under the tree with his eyes closed. There was a small restaurant down the street from his university that he associated with friendship and happiness. That place was where he and his friends would end up after a stressful day at school or in the middle of the night after hours of clubbing. He recently realized that he associated the cafe with Niki as it was the place that he started this whole disaster.

He chalked it up to him just being sentimental, but he knew that it was deeper than that. He hated staying in one place for too long. He constantly needs changes in scenery otherwise he'll go insane. He'd been like that even as a child, changing his bedroom layout every three months.

"I was the one here the most for... many reasons." Reasons that Sunoo absolutely did not want to get into.

"I've never told anyone about this place before." Niki didn't ask but Sunoo answered the question before he needed too. "It's a special place to me. The people I share this with have to be special to me too." Niki tried to hide his reddening cheeks, flustered about what he was implying. Sunoo was still caught up in his own world meaning he didn't see the now red Niki beside him.

A peaceful silence fell upon them and it got Niki thinking. After some reluctant, but careful consideration, he decided to talk. "You know what, since we're being vulnerable, I can tell you more about Minjun."

Sunoo's head snapped towards Niki.

"I feel like I should tell you more about what happened." The older one shook his head. "What? You don't have to do that."

"I don't, but I want to. I trust you and I want to share my past with you."

—————

I'm back everyone I swear I'm gonna finish this