Ch.12

On their long journey, Eloise and Gong Ja finally arrived at a spacious house. Gong Ja's limping gait was a clear indication of his injury. Eloise hesitated, reluctant to leave the safety of the car. However, when she caught a glimpse of the concerned expression on an elderly person's face as they approached Gong Ja, she decided it was best to get out of the car.

The elderly person walked over to Eloise with a warm smile and said, "Don't worry, my dear. You'll be safe here. Come inside so you can freshen up." Eloise, still feeling uncertain, hesitated for a moment, but she knew there was no other choice. She followed the elderly person into the house.

As she entered, Eloise couldn't help but notice Gong Ja walking ahead, his focus solely on finding a place to rest. She felt a tinge of concern for him, wondering about the extent of his injury.

Inside the house, Eloise found herself surrounded by an atmosphere of comfort and care. The elderly person showed her to a cozy room where she could freshen up, and Eloise appreciated their kindness.

While Eloise was in the room, she couldn't shake off the worry she felt for Gong Ja. She finally mustered the courage to ask the elderly person, "Is Gong Ja going to be okay? His injury seems quite serious."

The elderly person smiled gently and reassured her, "He will be fine, my dear. We'll take care of him here. He's in good hands."

Feeling a bit relieved by the assurance, Eloise thanked the elderly person and returned to Gong Ja's side. She found him seated, his injury being tended to by a gentle caregiver. Despite the pain, there was a sense of tranquility on Gong Ja's face as he allowed himself to be looked after.

Eloise approached Gong Ja and softly said, "I'm here for you, Gong Ja. You don't have to go through this alone."

Gong Ja turned to her with a faint smile, his eyes reflecting gratitude. "Thank you, Eloise. Your presence gives me strength," he said softly.

And so, in the embrace of the caring household, Eloise and Gong Ja found solace and support. Their bond grew stronger, and as Gong Ja's injury slowly healed, they were both filled with a sense of gratitude for the unexpected help they had found in this unfamiliar place. Little did they know that their stay in this house would turn into a heartwarming chapter in their adventurous journey together.