Chapter VIII

The night passes while I still have no idea what day it is. I peak downstairs from the attic and I see Roger coming, "Oh hey your awake. The govies left." I come down "Govies?" I get down and head for the stairs with Roger, "That's what we like to call those government agents." I nod and we both head down stairs. I had just spent the whole day yesterday in the attic. Just like yesterday we sit down and eat the same cereal. "So, I uh need to go to Virginia." Ken is grabbing the cereal staring at me "Virginia? Why?"

He pours some cereal in my bowl. "Well, I don't really know how to say this but I had a vision." They sit there staring at me. "Well it started with a dream I had a while back..." I tell them the whole the story I had in my dream. "And how do you expect to get there without a car?" I shrug, "Well then we'll help you." I look at Ken "You would go to Virginia with me just because I have a hunch?" Ken nods and then Roger does to, "Not like we got anything better to do."

'Ken ends the conversation "The govies, uh agents, will be back eventually so I say lets start packing!" We finish our cereal, they grab some things but all I need is my Beretta. I go back down and see Roger with a bag of food and Ken has some tools. "Guess we don't need much." Ken said. We all head outside and get into the pick-up truck looking thing. On the front I read the label that says  "Abeln" with a picture of a tree in the behind the words.

We throw our things in, get in, and start up. They pull something up from in front of them. It looks like a GPS. "Choose destination." A woman's voice is speaking. Roger points at me than the machine. "Uh Williamsburg Virginia, Griffin avenue." The GPS finds it. We move onto the road and off we go.

Ken is driving so Roger keeps me company "Alright first stop is Kansas, our cousin lives there so we'll stop by his house on the way." I nod "What part of Kansas?" Ken answers "Wichita, Kansas. It's toward the south like us so it should be a straight drive."

Roger turns on the radio, the music sounds very weird. The music sounds like the son of dubstep, very electro but I can imagine not all songs sound like that. I look up into the sky and see swarms of drones flying around, looks like traffic for them. Roger notices them but ignores it.

After ten minutes of driving we see a group of people waving signs. Armed soldiers are surrounding them "What''s going on" I ask Ken and Roger, "Protest probably and if I had to guess why I would look at you." I couldn't read the signs well but it didn't matter because one middle-aged woman stepped out of the crowd and used her picket sign to beat the soldiers. They pried her off of him and grabbed her for arrest.

Another man came in with a rock and tried helping the lady. He took one swing to the guards head and he was crouching on the floor. Ken accelerates as people take notice of us. The soldiers try holding off the man and woman but as they get rowdier the soldiers send them a very loud message. Ken slows down to look what begins to happen. The soldiers grab the man and woman on the ground with guns aimed at there head.

The soldiers yell something but nobody pays attention. The crowd begins moving so the soldiers shoot the man and woman. Ken steps hard on the pedal and we move away from the crowd. The soldiers may have killed the man and woman but I know I am the true cause of their death and more. We see a sign  "Welcome to Kansas"