Chapter 2

"Talking"

"Thinking"

'Whispering'

[Status Magic or other reference to a system or power]

ESSENCE OF/SECRET TECHNIQUE

...

???:"Umm" The red headed beauty in Motoyasu's party rose her hand. "Sir shield hero. If you are in such need, I would be willing to join you." Naofumi was going to be very agreeable to that, however

[Alert! Danger Imminent!]

It appeared in both of the brothers status. Luciel had only one thought at this.

Luciel:"shit, this can't be good"

Naofumi:"My [prophecy] was alerted to her offer!?"

Naofumi and Luciel stopped to actually look at the women.

Naofumi:"Red hair, beautiful, only asked to join my party AFTER I received a large amount of money."

Luciel:"I don't know why, but this girl gives me a bad feeling, she's not just a gold digger"

Naofumi was torn. Desperate for an ally, but wary of betrayal. He switched to his [Glass Shield] and he and Luciel activated [Inspect]. Others around him watched him switch shields, grabbing their attention.

 Others around him watched him switch shields, grabbing their attention

[Name: Malty S Melromarc]

[Race: Human]

[level: 5]

[Unable to display further info due to level gap]

Same last name as the king, that basically proves it.

Naofumi/Luciel:"Enemy Sighted."

Naofumi:"I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to decline." He said quickly.

Many people began to become confused, Malty herself seemed downright offended.

Malty:"You know, despite my beauty, I'm still a capable fighter. I'd be of great help!"

Naofumi and Luciel glanced around the room.

Naofumi:"Not good..."

Luciel:"He just declined a party member after complaining about a lack of party members . It will make him seem insincere. It might even make it look like he's fishing for the extra money, gotta call her out now."

Luciel:"My brother was not doubting your ability, but his own. He has nothing but a shield. The idea of protecting royalty at level 1 is simply more daunting a task than he believes himself capable of."

Naofumi send his brother a thankful look

Malty:"O-oh. Is that so..." She was stunned yet again and now all 3 heroes and their parties were eyeing Malty.